Abnormality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, just tried to run ALL my games and they all loaded up and then either minimised / locked up. I'm gonna agree with you all about it being a PSU problem. Question is, will my PSU destroy my Mobo if i keep on using it. Cause i can't immediatly switch it out for a better one for several weeks :O

it may be unstable, but i doubt anything bad would happen unless there was a burst of voltage or something. sry, i'm not really sure.

Ok, cheers man

So would you people suggest i get a better PSU AND a new CPU heatsink? (however, i'm upgrading to a 939 CPU in several months)

So, could my current CPU temp be hot enough to damage my OTHER hardware ?

Cheers for your help so far all

your PSU won't destroy your parts, it just won't let things run properly.
your PSU is not giving enough power. it would destroy the computer if it was a bad PSU that output too much power.
the Antec PSU's are really good, they give solid power and it won't jump up or down from what it should be

So, can i ask one more question (semi last)

IS it my PSU limiting power to my fans thus having a high PC temp OR the fact that my fans/heatsink need replacing? Or both?

And as i asked previously, will my CPU running at this temp damage any other hardware? Is it safe to continue using my PC to play games, etc. ?

Looks like as if your PSU isn't giving enoough power to your motherboard, so your fans aren't going at top speed. That might be causing the heating porblems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom