128GB Flash Thumbdrive !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

excaliber

Baseband Member
All,

I have been having problems with my OS all week. I performed a clean install on my machine and everything seems to be alright.

But, I have a problem with my Sony gigavault flash drive. Last time I used it was to store approximately 15 software drivers for my Sony laptop.

When I finished storing all of these drivers into the flashdrive, I conected the thumbdrive into the USB port in my laptop to run the drivers intal files.

Well, I didn't want to acces the drive. It said that it needed to be format. When i try formatting the flashdrive it says its 128gb and it fails to format.

How can I format this thumbdrive?

Why is it reporting 100% of used space when you right-click the drive 'G', and 100% un-used space when you go to 'Administrative Tools>Computer management>disk management'???

This is supposed to be a 2gig flashdrive, I just bought it not more than 2 weeks ago, and have used it probably 4-5 times.

:mad:

well pal ur outta luck all ur drivers are gona im pretty sure but u need to reformat the the drive like u said so u go my computer right click it and go down to formatand if that dont work take it back and get a new one i have a 2gb monster drive i think and it was like 120$ and its a spinning disc think thought but it works great!!!!!!

Wow... 2 GB. Ever use that much? I got a 512 MB when I bought mine just figuring if I needed anything bigger, I'll put it on a DVD.

charles_scott said:
There might be a driver you need to install for that.... Like a USB mass storage driver......

I know. The flash pen came with a mini disc which has a driver for Win98. Apparently there are no required drivers for XP.

And yes, I do need 2 gigs. Once you realize that you have a mini device that can carry 2 gigs worth of data, youll be storing almost anything, from music files to full applications.

There has to be a recovery tool out there that will help me format this flash drive and bring it back to normal.

Have you tried to format it on any other computers?

It sounds to me like you might've pulled it out of a machine before stopping it through windows. I had issues with mine when I did it on accident.

I wound up having to go to a different machine to re-format it.

bla!! said:
Have you tried to format it on any other computers?

It sounds to me like you might've pulled it out of a machine before stopping it through windows. I had issues with mine when I did it on accident.

I wound up having to go to a different machine to re-format it.

I have tried on a Win2000 pc and still would not format.

But the way WinXP works is that you shouldn't have to worry about un-safely disconnecting hardware from the computer. I could be wrong...

Hes saying that the computer recognizes his thumb drive as 128 gb when it is only 2 gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom