Do you have a locked processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noboundaries

Baseband Member
I couldn't overclock my processor due to the fsb. i can't overclock much of anything in my pc except gpu and mem. the processor won't budge. anyone else have this problem?

Only the XP 2400's before week 39 of 2004 have unlockable multipliers....otherwise you're looking at modding the traces on the CPU.

AMD64's can turn the multi down, but not up, and the FX series CPU's are completely unlocked

You can still overclock your processor even if it is locked. The only thing that should be locked is the multiplier. You should still be able to upped the fsb.

Apparently you didn't read his first sentence:

I couldn't overclock my processor due to the fsb.
He can't lock the AGP bus with that board, so raising the FSB isn't an option for him as well

i can change the agp bus through MSI's core cell chip. I just can't up the FSB but only 2 mhz, then when i do that, the system crashes.

Since when did the K7n2 Delta boards have core cells? (DOT)

Anyways i have a board very similar to yours and found overclocking to be a *****.

i bought mine last 3 weeks ago, it supports up to 3 gig. core cell is an overclocking chip feature on some of their boards. check out the board on newegg. its a K7N2 delta2 LSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom