shorted out/static shock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems very plausible, since half the house are two prong outlets and half the house is three prong. I'll check it out.

Also, my surge protector LED reads red instead of the normal green, stating that there is a problem somewhere.

Mini-Bump

So, I install a perfectly fine stick of 256 DDR and start it up, it's a no go. So, I can assume it's not the memory, because that stick of memory is back in the computer I am typing on right now.

Is there anything else could cause that error?

EDIT/Update, i found this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested data was not in memory. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.
Interpreting the Message
This Stop message has four parameters:
1. Memory address that caused the fault.
2. Type of access (0x00000000 = read operation, 0x00000001 = write operation).
3. If not zero, the instruction address that referenced the address in parameter 0x00000001.
4. This parameter is reserved (set aside for future use).
Resolving the Problem
The following suggestions are specific to Stop 0x50 errors. For additional troubleshooting suggestions that apply to all Stop errors, see "Stop Message Checklist" later in this appendix.
• If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.
• Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

--This tells me to udpate/roll back/reinstall my drivers, which I can't do without getting into the OS. Unless there is some way to do it through BIOS or something that I don't know about.

It also states that there could be a hardware issue, but it ran fine with all the same hardware until today (yesterday i mean).

Question arrises, how do I go around the error page and make sure all the drivers are not corrupted?

ohGrFreak said:
So, my problem did not go away, I still have static shock issues. The dog rubbed against the comp and poof, it shutdown and startred an endless reboot process.

So, I tried to reinstall XP or at least repair it, like I did last time, but this time I can't even get that far.

I get the blue screen that reads:

a problem has occured and windows has shutdown to prevent damage to your computer...

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

(insert basic mumbo jumbo here)

STOP: 0x00000050 (0xf7000000, 0x000000000, 0xf700000000, 0x000000000)

So, I cannot load windows from the HDD let alone when I try to boot from disc.

Does this error message hold any clue as to what is wrong?

Help me fix this comp for good, please, I am seriously desperate.

EDIT: if this helps any, I can still get into BIOS, but I can't even get into safe mode.

I had this error once when I was messing around with longhorn. I never figured it out what it was. I reformatted with the XP disc and the error still came up. but when I erase the hard drive with powermax, I was able to reinstall windows. I don't know if this help, but I threw it out there.

you might want to get your electric checked too. I ran all new outlets and circuit breakers for my computer, AC and stereo equipment

Okay, i'll try powermax if it's free (cross my fingers), but, how would I use powermax if the comp won't boot off anything, It won't even boot off of XP's disc, let alone the harddrive.

About the power, we'll have it checked out, my step daughter's boyfriend is a student electrician and my fiancee's dad knows quite a bit about it too.

ohGrFreak said:
Okay, i'll try powermax if it's free (cross my fingers), but, how would I use powermax if the comp won't boot off anything, It won't even boot off of XP's disc, let alone the harddrive.

About the power, we'll have it checked out, my step daughter's boyfriend is a student electrician and my fiancee's dad knows quite a bit about it too.

it's free it is in my sig. give the cd iso a try. you don't need to hit a key to boot from it. make sure you bios is set to boot from cd first

alright, i got it downloaded, now i have to wait until my blank cd's get here, LOL (all i have are DVD+R's). should be today though.

I want to thank you all tons, without you guys I wouldn't know what to do or where to start.

I decided to make a floppy for powermax. I formatted the floppy first, then I made the bootable floppy from the floppy program and it said it was completed successfully. I proceeded to boot up my messed up computer and nothing happened, I checked my boot priorities and the floppy is first in line. When I try to boot from anything it seems, I get a "windows could not start properly, would you like to enter safemode?" message, which of course I can't enter safe mode for the life of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom