939 or 754?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Socket 939 is about to become like 754 is considered right now... At least that is my view. I wonder if DFI is going to make a M2 motherboard *drools at the thought*

Yan

SteveGTA said:
why wouldnt you go with 939?
Because, he wants to upgrade. You have to get whatever your motherboard supports, what if it only supports 754??

You're all retarded. What if his motherboard does not support socket 939? He is saying he wants to upgrade. Notice how the word upgrade is bolded and italicized. If he wants to upgrade, that insinuates that his PC is old and getting slow. What if his motherboard does not support socket 939?

Ok, I take back my clock for clock thing. I remember reading that article, and saw the 3000+ vs 3000+ thing and forgot the the clock speeds were different. But that being said, the numbers mean the same thing. A 3000+ Winny or Venice will perform at about the same rate as a 3000+ Newcastle. Obviously, the Venice or Winny will do a little better, but the performance increase isn't noticable. Dual channel also does not provide a significant performance boost.
http://www.digital-daily.com/cpu/amd-athlon64-939/
Yes, on memory benchmarks, you will see a huge difference, but in terms of real life performance, the increase is marginal.

Finally, the pci-e and pci comparison isn't a good one. Pci-e totally outstrips pci in terms of bandwith and performance. 939 does not kill 754 in terms of performance the way pci-e does with pci. So, your analogy was flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom