Buying a new video card, suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystikast

Baseband Member
Hey, I currently have a GF4 Ti 4600, but apparently that can't even run BF2, I still love it and it runs great but I think it's time for a new video card. Are there any video cards for under $230, that I can get and won't have to upgrade to another one for atleast a year and a half to two years, that can run the newest games like BF2? I was looking at this earlier, what do you guys think?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102361

256 means nothing. The better core of the 6600GT completely wipes out the memory advantage.

Got 6600GT and save some money. eVGA or Leadtech. I suggest eVGA.

I already have a 128mb card, if I wanted to upgrade, wouldn't I go to 256? Going from a 128 to a 128 just seems like a waste of money.

no, its not

memory doesnt affect the performance much at all. most games barely use 128mb of mem anyway, let alone 256. pipelines, core speeds, and mem speeds are much more important. besides, its been proven that unless its a bleeding edge card (i.e. 6800 Ultra/7800 GTX/Radeon X850 XT PE), more than 128MB of mem is just marketing. in fact, the 128MB 9800 pro outperformed its 256MB cousin

Memory means nothing. Its the CORE that is good. The 6600GT core completely destroys the standard 6600, which has 256.

Look at benchs. I'll find a link here...

If you want 256, and are on AGP still, shell out a little more cash and just go straight to the 6800GT.

Yan

I just got a new ASUS A8V delux which has PCI-express slots, should I get a pci-e video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom