Refurbished Graphics card from Newegg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipsySmile

In Runtime
Just curious if anybody here has ever bought a refurbished video card from newegg, If so did it come with everything you needed, and my main question is did it work on the first attempt?

Reason asking is that i see 2 6800gts PCi express versions for right at 300 dollars, one being an eVGA and the other is a Leadtek, Kinda leaning towards the eVGA one becasue i own their 6600gt and havent had a probelm with it, but on the other had the Leadtek just looks more intimidating :D

Hmm choices choices.

well if it doesn't work I'm pretty sure you'll be able to RMA it....I've never gotten a refurbed one of anything though....my friend was always telling me 'DUDE JUST SELL THE AGP 6800GT THEY GOT DFI Ultra-D's REFURBED FOR $94!' but honestly, I like my things new....and it's not like I got money to burn or anything, I like cheap prices and all, but meh I like to know it's fresh out the box and someone hasn't been sexually abusing the board or card already :p

My friend bought a refurb prescott p4. I think the model was 530. They saved $50.

He received it in the retail box, it was closed. But you could tell where the seals were broken. Inside we found a note. Wrong CPU socket.

It looks like somebody bought it think it was 478 when it was a 775.

So he accually got a good deal on this refurb.

A friend just received a Leadtek 6800GT boxed with all the material from newegg for $205.00 . He said you wouldnt think that it was refurbished , works perfect .

Buying Refurbished=Lottery.

If your not willing to go through the game of sending it back and getting a new one, then just pay the extra 50.

I hate used items, except for video games (I lived an entire summer on trade ins and used video games... ended up paying 50 bucks for 8 games (Didnt geto to keep them, due to trade ins, but I beat'em all).

ANyway... yah, just buy a new one. ANd if your getting used, both of those brands are good.

from newegg i wouldnt mind getting anyhting refurb. but from other places idk? i love newegg never gave me problems about returning anything and i have returned a bit of stuff no questions asked

I've never bought referbished components because of two reasons:

1. Most components are too darn cheap.
2. You don't know what "referbished" actually meant for that card.

Just make sure you read the return policies well, and don't say we didn't tell you so.

uzi9mm said:
My friend bought a refurb prescott p4. I think the model was 530. They saved $50.

He received it in the retail box, it was closed. But you could tell where the seals were broken. Inside we found a note. Wrong CPU socket.

It looks like somebody bought it think it was 478 when it was a 775.

So he accually got a good deal on this refurb.

then you pull it out of the box to discover hammer marks and bent pins :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom