OMG!!! I'm panicing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
OMG!! sorry had to get that out. Ok I'm working on my First ever PC build right now and there might be a small problem, OK here is how it went I got a Socket 939 3200+ Venice core on a DFI Lanparty Ultra-D Mobo and this is the scary part ok I seated it all good on the pin adapter thing and when I went to close it, it made a craking nose like I bent the pins or something and now I'm freaking out since I dropped about 200 USD on this CPU and I was wondering is this normal? I need help urgantly!

the first time you put a chip in a mobo and click the leaver down its fairly loud

GrimReaper23 said:
should I make sure by taking it out again and seeing if the pins are bent?

I think your a little paranoid, but hay 200 buks and thats fair enough

oh take it out?......... na

my god, just pull the lever back up and take it out and look at it....that'll take a whole 2 seconds.....when I first put my venice in the lever made an insane freakishly loud creaking noise, so I did the same thing and checked just to make sure I didn't bend the damn things lol, and I've put tons of processors in their socket and I still check it....

Remember it's Zero Insertion Force technology, so just make sure they all line up...theres a golden arrow on the bottom side of the CPU and a little arrow on the CPU socket corner...they need to match up and if the CPU simply drops down in there you're good to go

I had no problems with my ECS KT600-A when putting the CPU in but when i got my NF7-S the same thing happened as you have said, I didn't take much notice of it though as i knew i put the processor in the right way and it wasn't too much pressure putting the lever down.

Drworm2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom