the newest thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

phelonius148

Solid State Member
hey everybody,
I'm building a new computer it's not my first I just wanted to see what people thought here's the spec's:

CASE
PSI Stealth 606 BLACK/SILVER Mid-Tower

MOTHERBOARD
Asus P5ND2-SLI Deluxe NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / Dual Gigabit LAN / USB 2.0 & Firewire / Serial ATA / RAID

CPU
CP2-P4-540 C :: Intel Pentium 4 540 3.2Ghz

POWER SUPPLY
Ultra X-Connect 500-Watt ATX Modular Power Supply (very cool uv reactive case and special cabling structure)

MEMORY
OCZ Value Dual Channel 1024MB PC4200 DDR2 533MHz Memory (2 x 512MB)

GRAPHICS/VIDEO
XFX GeForce 6600 GT SLI X2

Hard drives
74GB Western Digital SERIAL ATA 10000rpm 8MB
200GB Western Digital SERIAL ATA 7200RPM 8MB

CD-ROM DRIVES
Pioneer DVR-109BK 16X Dual Layer Black DVD+RW/-RW
Lite-On 52X/32X/52X Black CDRW Burner

EXTRAS
Aerocool Cool Panel with 8-in-1 Flash card Reader
WINDOWS XP PRO (service pack 2)
dual uv cold cathodes
blue led fans
wireless pci card
saitek blue illuminated keyboard with ps/2 adaptor
micro innovations pd710t optical trackball (I love trackballs)
iomega 35/90 gb atapi zip drive (internal)
uv reactive pci slot protectors (blue)

well i wouldn't go intel, but that's your choice

2x 6600GT sucks, go with one 6800GT or wait for the newer gen cards

ultra power supplies suck

normally I wouldn't go intel either but I couldn't find another motherboard with the specs I wanted, this one has four ddr2 slots so i can upgrade the memory when windows can handle it better and I'm gonna upgrade the cpu to the pee4 when i get the money

and yeah I thought about the 6800 but I wanna get used to running SLI for the next gen

and the PSU have you looked at the specs? the use what you need structure is cool I'm big on neatness inside.

but hey if anybody has any suggestions feel free.

No point in getting the PC-4200 ram. The Bus on that P4 is only 800mhz. It kinda defeats the whole purpose of RAM of that speed. If you want to take advantage of that RAM, get an intel cpu that supports 1066mhz bus. So you can run those 2 sticks of DDRII in Dual Channel.

I looked into it, and I can find any affordable CPU's that take advantage of your RAM. Just use the RAM for now and upgrade your CPU later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom