How to paint a computer case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmer

Daemon Poster
How should i go about painting this case cause i heard that they are very difficult to make look nice.
This is it right herehttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811180024
I plan on making the outside maybe a read and the inside black or maybe a nice orange im not sure yet but im gonna cut the side panels and but some clear window on the side(not sure what the material is but its like a plastic) i hope i can paint it thought make it look sick!!!
Wish me luck and will post pics when done it will prolly be a few days from friday when it gets here cant wait to see the outcome!!!

sand down to bare metal
clean entire case with alcohol and rag
use a bare metal primer (found at home depot)
allow to dry overnight
rub with a soft cloth
spray 1st of 3 coats of spraypaint on
allow to dry for 4 hours
spray 2nd coat of spraypaint on
allow to dry for 4 hours
spray 3rd coat of spraypaint on
allow to dry overnight
during this entire process do not touch the painted areas
make sure you use very light coats
finally spray with a clearcoat to protect the paint

all these spraypaints can be purchased for less than 4 bucks a can

usd

actually aspire.comptech is right if u read the thing that gaara posted it says that most case that are white or beige are not smooth sufaces if u look at them closely they are kinda wavey and when u pain over them u can see them even more soo when sanding down to the metal it is making a smooth surface too work with.
Sry if thats sounds like an attitude but there is no attitude at all just couldnt figure out how to say it so that there is no way there could be an attitude so no attitude

The more coats the longer you should let them dry between each one, because the new coat kinda eats at the previous one which will end up requiring more time to dry. Also spray paint can eat certain plastics..... So buy special spray paint for the plastic stuff.... Or test the pain on a small plastic piece from the case.....

timmer said:
actually aspire.comptech is right if u read the thing that gaara posted it says that most case that are white or beige are not smooth sufaces if u look at them closely they are kinda wavey and when u pain over them u can see them even more soo when sanding down to the metal it is making a smooth surface too work with.
Sry if thats sounds like an attitude but there is no attitude at all just couldnt figure out how to say it so that there is no way there could be an attitude so no attitude

I know what your saying but if you sand it right and apply the primer right you won't have to go thru the extra hassle,Most people just give it a lite sanding leaving it so you can still see all the little dimple's,That's where every one goe's wrong with the paint job's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom