Need Help..Video..I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creeks

Beta member
Installed the new BF2 demo everything going fine until screen goes black...I have a Evga 6600gt Video Card and should run the game fine. I had this same problem with Brothers in Arms and just quit playing it because of it. I have updated the drivers, MB bios, Chipset Drivers, done a complete uninstall....reinstall OS XP pro. The game will be running fine it could be 2 mins. it could be 5 mins.. but the screen is going to go black somewhere in this time frame...its just random. Been running 1024 x 768 @85.
System Specs...
Intel P4 3.0
1.5 gig DDR 400
Evga 6600 GT
2 HD 1:IDE WD 100 gig
2: Sata Samsung 120 gig
I've tried game on both hard drives same problem.

Brother and I both are in the computer tech. field, and work on my system for about 6 hours, and still cannot find what the heck is doing this..Im thinking its the Video Card....any suggestions

Any help appreciated.....

Checked my Event Viewer and I get this:
Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 26
Source: Application Popup
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: STATUS_LOG_HARD_ERROR

Explanation
The program could not load a driver because the program user doesn't have sufficient privileges to access the driver or because the drive is missing or corrupt.

User Action
To correct this problem:

Ensure that the program user has sufficient privileges to access the directory in which the driver is installed.
Reinstall the program to restore the driver to the correct location.
If these solutions do not work, contact Product Support Services.

Version: 5.0
Symbolic Name: status_log_hard_error
Message: Unable to Load Device Driver : device driver could not be loaded.

Explanation
The program could not load a driver because the program user doesn't have sufficient privileges to access the driver or because the drive is missing or corrupt.

User Action
To correct this problem:

Reinstall the program to restore the driver to the correct location.
If these solutions do not work, contact Product Support Services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom