Should I just stick with my older OS or upgrade to windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler1989 said:
Well I'm sorry your computer cannot handle longhorn now don't lecture me that I don't know shit about windows I own and have used

MS-DOS the origanal, Win3.1, Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT4.0, Win2K, Win2K Pro, Win2K Web/Standard/Enterprise Server, Win XP, WinXP Pro, Win2003 Web/Standard/Enterprise/Datacenter, Win Longhorn 4074/5048.

Cleary you should not be so fast to judge. Whoopee I got longhorn you said that almost sounded like you were jelious how did you get longhorn I bet you got them illegally, in fact MSDN members cannot get 5043 so I am very interested how you got it :p . Win2k will not be able to use .net2.0 Framwork making it useless! If you cannot get service packs and new software you need to move on to a new OS.

first off, you come on here and act like you know everything and everybody else don't know anything. you are not really even informative. you just talk.

second my computer is an amd anthlon 64 3500, an asus AV8 deluke mobo 1gig ddr samsung ram 500gig of storage (1 sata, 1 raid , 1 ide) and oprey 2000 hardware video encoder (retail $3000.00), nvidia NVTV hardware encoder capture card, an netstream 2000 dvd hardware decoder card, sound blaster audigy sound card. I don't get off by showing my system specs, so I don't show them.

anyway you claim to be intelligent, but you don't know anything about leaving it on for 1-2hrs for it to settle properly. most of my hardware wasn't even out when 4074 (the better release) or 5043 came out, so it don't have driver and it won't accpt xp drivers (but I know how to force it too). it has too many issues right now, despite what you think. it ain't known of your business where I got it from (I did mention where I got it in another thread)

how old are you? 12. your mama need to teach you some respect

Tyler1989 said:
Clearly I do not really care as I was pointing out I have every MS OS there is, it's good to know this community supposrts flamers. Regardless I'm beginning to think you are deaf NO NEW SECURITY OR SOFTWARE for windows 2000 it's to be discontinued. Security exploits will overrun it and it will be stuck using outdatted software. No Server is good without the lattest updates. No Desktop is good without the lattest software. Take both of these away and you have a medicore OS that is garbage. Something you pick up at a rumage sale for $5. Surely someone as "smart" as yourself can't argue you don't need new software and the best security you can get.

If you don't need security which is what your saying why don't all the apache webservers running windows switch to IIS5.0

EricB if you actually tried longhorn instead of listening to what some anti microsoft hotheads are saying you would know that longhorn is no slower than XP. Update your computer it sounds like you need too.

I'm no computer deity, but one of my computers, "which I don't use updates or patches on", is working perfectly fine. But you should drop the attitude. I bet you have know friends. Get a life or obtenga una vida which is spanish, but I'm assuming that you prolly know that because you know everything. You probably know that I self taught myself and I learned it in 1 month, but Duh! you know that.:eek: silly me. But dude you should really back off, you are that good at computer......I am sure. Because if you was you will probably be booked up into 2006 like my company(not me personally something I own) but you probably know that.
I said that to say, Get a life! and stop smelling you self.(That is a metaphor), but you probably know that.

HAHAHA Just kidding. But dude you did come on kinda strong. It's all opinions here, just deal with EricB's opinion. Democracy-Free Speech is the American dream with or without our Emperor Bush. See my sig. I'm just an innocent bystander.

Well don't be so picky on me. I never said that there was not a 2k Server. I just said that there was not a non-pro version. So please redirect your anger at someone else.

So yeah I will sue you. What is your lawyers name and address. I am going to sue you for $100,000,000 for being a ****.

wow...lmao this is funny, but seriously, I run windows 2000 Pro, with SP4, I don't keep it updated or anything, I just run zonealarm, AVG, and Ad-Aware and Firefox and just keep a ghost image of that and when something happens just pop the disc in, but No, constant upgrades and constant updated software is not required, 2000 is still a good non=obsolete OS.

lol..this thread rocks. I still say go with XP as the driver support is far better...by that I mean a lot more drivers built into the OS to make it more hassle free.

sgwyldechild said:
Im running on a older thinkpad laptop with windows 98. Would it slow down my laptop if installed XP? Would that be to hard for my little 300 ghz laptop to handle?
I am going to assume you are talking 300Mhz there.

Your thinkpad will handle Windows 2000 quite well, but it will be slowed down with Windows Xp.
Win2kpatcher said:
lol..this thread rocks. I still say go with XP as the driver support is far better...by that I mean a lot more drivers built into the OS to make it more hassle free.
I can not agree with you any more. However what good is all the extra features of Windows Xp when it heavily slows the computer down.

uzi9mm said:
Well don't be so picky on me. I never said that there was not a 2k Server. I just said that there was not a non-pro version. So please redirect your anger at someone else.

So yeah I will sue you. What is your lawyers name and address. I am going to sue you for $100,000,000 for being a ****.

I hope you have a lot of money...Thomas Mesereau Jr :)

Oh yeah I got a really good lawyer.......... Johnny Cochran.

Edit: oh wait, he is dead.

16-rose3-225.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom