emachines bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i get the updates for the bios.. how do i out get it into my cmos chip which wont boot up anyting for me

Can you get into the BIOS screen? Or will it not get that far?

If it won't, then it is basically screwed, period. If it will, check over what is selected to make sure that nothing is out of place.

Exactly how did you 'reset' the BIOS? Did you restore the defaults, or did you flash it? If you flashed it, did you use the right BIOS for your board?

i first did a jumper reset...
I just saw this when I scrolled up. Check to be sure that you put the jumpers back in the right place.

Why were you trying to reset the BIOS? The original problem may be an underlying cause here.

SO you just downloaded the motherboard manufacturers bios update for your motherboard model, not the first to try. On another forum, someone did that on their emachines t6212. Lucky they didn't fry theri bios chip!

Sorry that you don't care for eMachines, Roger. They are low cost machines that are not designed to be technological marvels. They do the basics, and a little more if you add the right upgrades.

A BIOS upgrade can screw any computer if it is done wrong. Flashing the wrong BIOS uis a sure way to kill a motherboard, as is interupting an update.

Flashing the BIOS in an eMachine is exactly like flashing the BIOS in a Dell, HP, Voodoo, Falcon NW, Alienware, or any other machine. As long as the BIOS matches the board, it works.

"As long as the BIOS matches the board, it works."
Not necessarily, when you have an oem machine. You would usually get the update from the oem website.

You would usually get the update from the oem website.

In other words, the manufacturer, which is what I said.

When in doubt, or if the maker of the system doesn't provide, find out the manufacturer of the mobo and look there.

No, the manufactureer of the mobo won't necessarily work because some mobo makers provide a special version of the mobo to oems (say for example without an agp slot), the model might match the mobo maker, but flashing the bios with the mobo maker's bios might fry your board. That's why i recommend building your own computer if possible.

I agree about building your own.

But for those who already have bought a computer, we have to do the best we can.

i have built my own :D a 3400+ 64 bit ststem (939) and a p4 2.somethin but id like to get this computer up as well w/out having to replace the mobo.. i found a guy who knew lots about eprom and has connections. thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom