Planning on getting my First Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schurmy thats a great looking system and I can guarantee you that the monarch computers 3Dmark05 scores, which test the power of the PC, will be much higher than the Dells, also a stronger power supply will be more reliable, it won't be loaded with the BS that dell loads on the computer and sometimes even runs in the background eating up resources.

My only input in the conversation - Norton is good, but there are also 2 other alternatives that are a little less money, like PC cillin which you can download from newegg for cheap, or AVG free anti virus, it is what I use and it's excellent.

Pick one of those anti viruses,also download ad-aware and spybot on it for your anti spyware & run that on occassion.

You should consider getting just the tower from monarch, and go to newegg.com to get your monitor, mouse, speakers, office software, etc.

I personally like this monitor for the price, features & guarantee:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824138022

or this 19"

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824009044

I would get the 2nd one cuz its got a lower refresh rate - 8ms as opposed to 12ms. either should be fine though.

Although the dell isn't the first choice for a lot of people here in this case it sounds like you already made up ur mind about the dell. It will be able to play bf2 on high settings, although you are loosing money by getting the dell also the only way to upgrade is through dell, and ur upgrade parts will be outdated. As for the free monitor you mentioned, I would go with a CRT, as the only lcd's that are comparable to CRT's in terms of refresh rate are really expensive, and dell isn't known for giving out expensive stuff as free upgrades.

So if he lives in the same area, he can build it for you if u just order the parts from newegg

okay i was looking at the battlfield 2 forum at www.planetbattlefield.com and many ppl have problem with BF2 and most of those ppl are running an AMD processor that have problems and ppl with a pentium 4 with ATI graphics cards are having it run as smooth as butter no lie check yourself thats good news for you Dhw200 with the Grahpics card at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom