Is the Nvidia Quadro FX Go1400 256MB OpenGL graphics good for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manhuntkotor

In Runtime
I am going to be in a Pre engineering class at my high school next year. We are getting a Dell computer, and i am guessing it is a mobile workstation. One of the graphics cards is a Nvidia Quadro FX Go1400 256MB OpenGL graphics and the other is OpenGL accelerated ATI Mobility FireGL 64MB graphics. Will those be able to play games such as half life 2 also? What does the Quadro and FireGL mean?

they are vid. cards for 3D animation/rendering, mostly stuff you do with AutoCAD, 3DSMAX, Maya, Lightwave, etc..

they will play games, but not as good as a "gamer card"..

btw, if you will do anyhting with graphics, don't get a dell, get a system from monarchcomputers, and AMD system... unless you are willing to build your own.. that would be cool cuz we'll help you

I wish! :) I get to keep the computer until i finish the class and want to know if i should start buying a game or two for it.

Yeah it will play HL2

And if you really want, you can flash it up to a different card (game equivelant) and play games much better on it :)

What are they equal to in a gamer card? What do you mean by flash it? I have heard it before but cant remember what it means.

the quadro is expensive, if you won't do any 3D modeling, animation, etc. on it, sell it on ebay, you could get a hell of a card in it's place

Maybe you didnt read my first post. I HAVE TO HAVE IT FOR A PRE ENGINGEERING CLASS AT MY HIGH SCHOOL. I cant sell it because then i will have to pay them for a whole new computer and fail the class. I just need to know if it will play games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom