Should I just stick with my older OS or upgrade to windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win2K is not reliable listen people it's going to get discontinued that means no more updates of any kind from microsoft how do you call that as reliabe.

Tyler1989 said:
Win2K is not reliable listen people it's going to get discontinued that means no more updates of any kind from microsoft how do you call that as reliabe.

Have you ever used 2000, probably not. Your just saying that it is not reliable since it is being discontinued. You think you know what your talking about when infact you dont. 2000 uses the same technology that XP does. But 2000 has less of the fancy menus and stuff like that.

And I still would not take any advice from tyler. Your motherboard is not an SIS 650, it is a chipset. Also you have 512mb RAM, with 32 shared.

Tyler1989 said:

Wowwww..

Listen kid 2000 was the most reliable version of windows until sp2.

Whoopee, you got a version on longhorn. I have 2 (5043 and 4074). I hated both of them. on your first logon, you had to let it load for 2 hour without touching anything so it would be more stable (I bet that you didn't know this and will argue the point). then you have to execute a batch to strip services (like that bullship winfs feature that Microsoft is nowhere close to fixing) just so it would be reliable. I do admit that it has better themes, though

Well I'm sorry your computer cannot handle longhorn now don't lecture me that I don't know shit about windows I own and have used

MS-DOS the origanal, Win3.1, Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT4.0, Win2K, Win2K Pro, Win2K Web/Standard/Enterprise Server, Win XP, WinXP Pro, Win2003 Web/Standard/Enterprise/Datacenter, Win Longhorn 4074/5048.

Cleary you should not be so fast to judge. Whoopee I got longhorn you said that almost sounded like you were jelious how did you get longhorn I bet you got them illegally, in fact MSDN members cannot get 5043 so I am very interested how you got it :p . Win2k will not be able to use .net2.0 Framwork making it useless! If you cannot get service packs and new software you need to move on to a new OS.

There is no such thing as Windows 2000 and windows 2000 pro.

There is only 1 verson......... 2000 Professional... What an idiot you are. Cleary you dont know anything about 2k. So please spare yourself the embarrassment and stop posting.

Clearly I do not really care as I was pointing out I have every MS OS there is, it's good to know this community supposrts flamers. Regardless I'm beginning to think you are deaf NO NEW SECURITY OR SOFTWARE for windows 2000 it's to be discontinued. Security exploits will overrun it and it will be stuck using outdatted software. No Server is good without the lattest updates. No Desktop is good without the lattest software. Take both of these away and you have a medicore OS that is garbage. Something you pick up at a rumage sale for $5. Surely someone as "smart" as yourself can't argue you don't need new software and the best security you can get.

If you don't need security which is what your saying why don't all the apache webservers running windows switch to IIS5.0

EricB if you actually tried longhorn instead of listening to what some anti microsoft hotheads are saying you would know that longhorn is no slower than XP. Update your computer it sounds like you need too.

You got to be kidding me right????? This guy has a slow computer. He wants something better. Well he can't run XP at an acceptable speed. So 2000 would be his best choice. Also these "security" risks really do not apply to him. It's not like he wants to host site, or have running databases. He just wants a reliable OS. Just as long as he has SP4 and some A/V he should be good......

uzi9mm said:
There is no such thing as Windows 2000 and windows 2000 pro.

There is only 1 verson......... 2000 Professional... What an idiot you are. Cleary you dont know anything about 2k. So please spare yourself the embarrassment and stop posting.

Excuss me ??? No such thing...What about Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2000 Professional???

Windows 2000 Server

Windows 2000 Pro

Personally, I like 2K alot (use it right now at home) and I support 2K in all manners... I think it's better than XP (and yes, I have used it, so I know what I'm talking about...) in that it doesn't use as much system resources as XP, but most people have already pointed this out...

Tyler1989 said:
Win2k will not be able to use .net2.0 Framwork making it useless! If you cannot get service packs and new software you need to move on to a new OS.

2K is getting discontinued, but that doesn't mean that it's useless; and besides, XP won't run .net 2 either, so I don't see the improvement over 2K.

As to the new software... most (not all, but most) programs are made with even 98 in mind or if it's for the NT family, with NT, 2K and XP in mind. These programs would not be at any time soon discontinued, considering that the companies would not be stupid enough to cut a major portion of the consumers from being able to use their product. So new software is not a problem.

Sure, Longhorn is going to be the future, and by then most computers will be due for an upgrade, but for now at least, 2K remains the best choice (over XP and 98).

Tyler1989 said:
Take both of these away and you have a medicore OS that is garbage. Something you pick up at a rumage sale for $5.

2K is not garbage!:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom