Parts to NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoTeX said:
I'l like to see some statistics about that statement...

also I if a product is not know for good over clocking, it doesn't automatically mean it's a bad product...

Now my turn: Don't purchase any product by Amd or Intel, especially their processors are not good.

most of these statements are from personal experience. I have had nothign but bad luck with Maxtor's, as well as nearly most all people I have ever met. I bought an external drive with a Maxtor in it, and it crapped out on me and I RMA'd it and politely as I could asked if they could put a drive other than Maxtor in it. I think they did, I'm not sure. Needless to say, it works now.

He is right though, just because a product is not good for overclocking, does not mean it is not good. Not everyone likes to overclock, and how good it will overclock should not be the deciding factor when buying equipment. Many people do not even want to overclock, so when they ask for your opinion, do not just give it to them based on how well it will or will not overclock. There are many EXCELLENT components that are the best, but are absolutely miserable when it comes to overclocking.

Also, LoTeX, please, this thread is here to help people, especially the n00bs that come here looking for help. Please stray from the sarcastic comments, they are not needed nor welcome.

Him said:
most of these statements are from personal experience. I have had nothign but bad luck with Maxtor's, as well as nearly most all people I have ever met. I bought an external drive with a Maxtor in it, and it crapped out on me and I RMA'd it and politely as I could asked if they could put a drive other than Maxtor in it. I think they did, I'm not sure. Needless to say, it works now.

Yeah well I've personally had no problems with my maxtor drive (20gb, used it for 5 years now) and neither have "nearly most all people I have ever met".

Him said:

Also, LoTeX, please, this thread is here to help people, especially the n00bs that come here looking for help. Please stray from the sarcastic comments, they are not needed nor welcome.

Sorry for "ruining" you otherwise fine topic. And "thanks" for the advice. ;) Sorry I couldn't resist. :(

The small form factor 3.5 maxtor drives. they are the same size as regualr 3.5inch drives, but half the thickness. At work here, i have seen them die so many times. iv been here for about 2 years now, in the past 6 months i have seen about 10 of them die, no other drives have died. those are good enough facts for me

Nohting but bad luck from maxtors for me (5 rma's for my 40gb, 3 Rma's for the 30GB *then I threw it out when it died again*, The only maxtor I haven't had a problem with is the 20gb one in my sisters computer.

I have never had a single problem with a western digital or seagate drive.

No 6800 Ultra no Nvidia in general.

No DFI mobos they suck.

No seagate HDs.

{Personal opinion. Bad taste, but personal opinion. ~Trotter}

Maxtor drives are much better than they used to be, but still need improvement IMO
I mean, Maxtor drives can be good, but it seems to be mixed with "maxtor is good" and "maxtor is bad"
some people seem to always get bad Maxtor's, while some people seem to get good ones that last for years

Seagate and Western Digital are probabbly the most reliable. I personally prefer Seagate, but would go for WD if there weren't any Seagate's, or if I wanted a fast drive like a Raptor

Def dont buy emachines....."not a fan boy comment" i have two because my dad loves going to best buy and ignores my cries for a decent computer. They both just have parts that suck....aka bestec psu that doesn't support good graphics card.....aka anything over fx5700. my cdrom exploded....literally....i put a disc in all of a sudden a sound like a bomb was falling occurred and bam....smoke.....the cd was also in a million separate pieces. funny as hell now that i think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom