TF Advanced Section Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now comes the looking for suggestions. We need a way of setting up the look of the new forum, and how it will be organized. Here is my basic layout, I have it set up as an outline (like you do in English class):

Overclocking:
1. Volt Modding
2. BIOS Modding

Cooling:
1. Phase Change
a. Evaporators
b. Refrigerants

Air Cooling

Water Cooling

Hardware:

Somethign similar to that. All inout is welcome, as this should be a communal effort in making this happen. Please help to organize the new forum

It's a lot better to use less forums than more, try and condense everything together otherwise the forum gets too big for the community and everything gets spaced apart. I would condense all the hardware into one forum, or possibly seperate it into Intel and AMD based forums as that'll also prevent some flames from breaking out. Same can be said with ATI or nVidia.

I'd also condense the watercooling into one forum because chances are people won't just have a question about a block or pump, it'll be both or more.

looks good to me
i think we should have a contest for a new logo for the advanced forums
i also think to post you should have something like 100 posts already so we dont get a ton of total noobs in there

Aspire, I totally dig both of those ideas. Maybe not post count, but perhaps a quiz to get in. Granted, you do have the internet at your fingertips and can get the answer to any question, but the people who dont know the answers and spend the time looking for them actually want to be in there. Those are the kinds of people we will want, the people who are willing to learn.

SO maybe like you in if you have 200 posts but need to take the quiz if you have less than that

that way people who are a mojor part of tf dont feel like we dont trust them

also i feel that if anyone spams or flames or stuff like that they should be banned for a period of time say a month perhaps log their ip address and if they come back under a new user name within that month they they are banished? not sure if its possible but this would be pretty damn cool.

but hey give us some specifications for the logo and ill see what i come up with

also i feel that if anyone spams or flames or stuff like that they should be banned for a period of time

Hard and fast, period. An advanced forum calls for advanced behavior, not childishness.

i agree totally. i like the quiz idea. just because you have 5748957429 posts dosent mean you know what your talking about. so like even if your nubius or the major you should still have to take the quiz. post count dosent mean intelligence, it just means youve posted alot on this site, and just because of that dosent mean you know what your talking about.

It seems you want to focus on hardware and ocing? What about more advanced sys admin stuff like exchange and ad? Web server and php design. I have some interest in hardware but very little in ocing and thus have ne real use (aside from interest) in phase change cooling.

Those topics can be covered rather well in their respective forums.

The advanced hardware and OC topics, well, they are a diferent matter.

The hardware topics get lost in the sheer number of threads, plus you have every idiot who signs up trying to give his diagnosis. The advanced OC issues aren't lost in the shuffle, but suffer from the same innane replies.

By segregating these topics to a specific, advanced forum, you give them a chance to actually grow and develop into something besides a flame war or a Intel/AMD/nVidia/ATI arguement. As long as there is something in place to restrict who can post, it could be a great thing.

I'm really digging all of your ideas, they are comming along quite nicely. I especially like the explanation Trotter gave on the need for an advanced forum. When you poist something about AD in the Networking forum, you dont get yelled at for it being too advanced. However, posting a question or statement about something like phase change always gets the replies of people saying it is too advanced... Mostely only because they have no CLUE about it's use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom