3400 vs p4 price equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

lighter223

Beta member
I would like to upgrade to a faster processor. My current mobo is currently maxed out on pro speed(1.2) i want to get something under $300(combo) i was looking at tiger direct and saw a few 3400's (clocked at 2.2 ghz) though they had p4 350's for $295 in overstock they are clocked at 3.0 ghz

I have read that even though the p4 has higher ghz but amd 64 out-performs it 10-15% i also know amd=gaming and
intel- high demand apps

I was wondering which was better for the price?

lighter223 said:
I was wondering which was better for the price?

That all depends on what you are going to be using the computer for. Like already stated, AMD is better for gaming. However, if you are going to be doing things like multitasking, video editing, sound editing, 3d drawing and animation, etc., the the p4 would be a better choice for you.

hey you guys have good advice but what i want to know is which one is better for the price

i do want to game but if the p4 is faster for same amount of moola

if the amd is 2.2 ghz and the p4 530 is apparently 3.0 ghz which is supposedly faster and i KNOW that the amd out performs the p4 but im not sure if it is compared to the 350 or the 305

its all about price if the p4 350 is .2 ghz faster than the amd 3400 then i would get it because its faster and even when gaing, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom