low end video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I had a topic on super cheap video cards, I searched for it through the first 18 pages, but I couldn't find it, so I apologize for almost repeating myself here, LOL.

My questions have been answered in my last vid card thread, but new questions have arose...

I have/will have in my possesion soon the following cards:

FX 5200, AGP 256 memory (fan doesn't work)
ATI 9200, AGP (that's all I know about this card)
MX400/440, PCI

I have two computers now, both in need of video cards. I am using the 5200 in my main computer due to a failed 6800 from ASUS. That 5200 is from my backup PC which the family still uses. So my backup PC has no card right now but it needs one for photoshop work and older games, my main one needs the card because it has no onboard video at all.

My question is how the cards stack up against eachother so I know which ones to use in what computers. I plan on using the 5200 and the 9200 until the 5200 dies and then replacing that with the MX400/440.

thank you all. the MX card is being sent to me from a member of this forum because he heard my situation and wanted to help, and it's just a matter of time before the 5200 overheats to it's demise, so it'll be just the 9200 and the MX until my 6800 get's back, which, with ASUS, could be a loooong time.

the 5200 is better than the 9200, however if you want to use it, I would suggest a better cooler. there are a lot of cheap coolers that the 5200 can use, like the Thermaltake Crystal Orb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom