I need help sharing my mom's computer, printer and files over my home network

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I have to ask this because I haven't been able to do this for almost a year.
I have a netgear wireless USB adapter (MA111) I need to be able to share my mom's printer, computer and files over a home network, but I am unable to do this because my mom's dell will only allow internet access via through the router but won't let me share files or the printer from the Dell PC to my Gateway PC.
On monday afternoon I had stumbled across a option in netgear utilities that say's network mode. It would let me switch from infrastructure (access point) to computer to comupter (HOC) forgive me if I got the last part wrong.... But will that option allow me to share my resources and file's with my mother's dell using that option ? if so please let me know something and how to do this. NOTE: here is a screenshot of my netgear configuration utility.

netgear9mf.jpg

I'm very sorry about the bump but I need somebody to tell me what the hell is going on with these two PC's

(shawn) the last two links you gave me was full of BS and totally useless to me, alot of the options found in that tutorial where halfway found in windows xp home and the advance features such security file sharing option is only found in windows xp pro......

my current problem:

I configured both PC's for networking but it seem's there's is a problem,
My computer, the Gateway PC can not seem to find the sunflare network that I generated for both computer's however my mom's PC the DELL see's my PC called sunflare-xp over the network however if I double click my computer icon on her computer it deny's it access from touching it also say's it can locate the network but it show's my PC ICON and hers that I made for the network.....

also when I installed my USB adapter on my PC it asked if I wanted to turn off home networking wizard on my PC so that netgear could function and have full control over my PC, could this be the root of the problem ?

Why SHAWN gave the right info

Random guy who posted this thread, do you have any software firewalsl on like the XP firewall or zonealarm?

my mom's PC uses zone alarm and I use norton personal firewall 2005/ I have told norton firewall to accept one pc which is my mother's I also gave it the IP address and it took it, however like I said in my last post, could it have something to do with the netgear configuration blocking out home networking in the beginning when I installed it ? if so can I use that and still be able to access the net even when the netgear configuration is not in full control ?

MadMikeXP

p.s. I have disabled windows firewall on both computers and I also have service pack 2 on both PC's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom