***Super Pi Rankings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah dunno if its good or not

PI.jpg

put wrong picture up first time :eek:

Come on guys you can do much better than that.
lol this aint xtremesystems man.....there is a lot of young kids and people who are fresh at overclocking, and don't have endless pockets to buy a couple cards, plus a few processors and dry ice em up to find a good OC'ing one out of the bunch.

And things like this:

Its a Slow time to me.
just makes you sound conceited......there MIGHT be a couple people here who can get it in low to mid 30's, but bragging about 29 seconds being 'a slow time' isnt going to motivate anyone to post...makes it sound as if you're wanting to see how badly you beat everyone

I understand that its not extreme systems but im sure if they put more into it they can get much better results. Just look I did that on air no need for DI. So im sure that plenty more can also achieve a very good score.

Ya I admit I was bragging but I was being a bit sarcastic there thatÂ’s. My best is only 2 seconds faster or so. So its actually a fast time if I consider it to be honest. :eek:

Heres something to help you all out to get a better score.
SuperPI tweaks

These are tweaks collected by D_o_S on xtremesystems.

note: these tips are for superpi only. some may work well for some benchmarks but may hurt your scores in others. pedro rocha's tweak (best results on A64 + win2000, other combinations may work well too but may also fux up stabillity and therefor your overclock, thus doing your score more bad then good.) is an excellent exampe for this. it will boost your 3dmark2001 score by quite a bit but it will have a negative effect on your pifast score.

(from macci) sometimes you'll get better results with the japanese version of superpi then with the english version but for instance with P-M's (dothan's) it's the other way around.

I don't really know wich OS is better for 1M calculation yet, some say win2k3 server (what sp, I don't know, I'm guessing SP4) although I suspect that for A64 any 64bit OS will be better. also someone mentioned win XP SP 2 is faster then Win2k3 server...

use winXP (pro I suppose) SP1 for 8M, do not!! use win2k3 server.

(from Tom Holck) for 32M, in order of efficience : amd 64 bit, XP64, win2003 32 bit sp4, win xp, win 2000

(from CodeRed) win2003 64 bit is fastest

(from CodeRed) A64tweaker settings for BH-5:
2-7-12-2-2-5-2-2-1-1
Max async latency = 6ns
Read preamble = 5ns
Read Write Queue Bypass = 16x
Bypass Max = 7x
Dynamic Idle Cycle Counter = enabled/16 clocks

(from Hilppa) run --> msconfig --> diagnostic boot mode

This will shut down lot's of services and give you a nice boost

(from Hilppa) Remember to run superpi.exe in Real time mode (from task manager) and turn off explorer.exe and userinit.exe during the run. You can run explorer.exe after the run from task manager. (typically C:\windows\explorer.exe I think)

running superpi in realtime doesn't give me a noticeable gain on Axp or P4.

Some people experienced worse scores from killing explorer.exe and minimizing superpi.

set page file to 0. this didn't help me mutch but I didn't' time it with process timer so it might help a few milli seconds.

I use blackviper's registry patch instead of diagnostic mode... disables a lot of services mostly and adds some other tweaks like the no page file tweak...

if you use page file, delete, defrag and set again.

clean install is best offcourse and defrag right away after installtion aswell best to use a 3rd party defrag tool. most will do a much better job at it then the windows defragger.

Ramdisk tools:MAXMEM is often used. I haven't tried it myself though. afaik, it's slightly better then the boot.ini maxmem tweak but it's not compatible with it.
(from Gautam) there's also RAMdisk

(so the boot.ini maxmem tweak (doesn't always help and slows your system down): look in the advanced options of boot.ini, there is "MAXMEM"

in the boot.ini after /fastdetect add /maxmem=104 (or 105)

for example : multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003" /fastdetect /maxmem=104

if the option isn't available through msconfig then the boot.ini will do the trick.

link : http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...tid=21045&stc=1

for the cpu, high mhz is more important then high fsb in dispite of the fact that high fsb is faster in most applications.

for the memory, tight timings are more important then high bandwith, offcourse there are limits to this and you'll have to find a good compromis. Dual channel is also a major plus.

when you get an error, the first time it'll most of the time be "not exact in round" but if you run superpi a seccond time it will give you "not convergent in SQR". Deleting all the files in the superpi folder except the .exe and .txt files will rid you of this error message. Offcourse, if you're overclock is completely unstable you'll just get the errors again, but if you're on the edge where shear luck is the only factor that plays a role between a succesfull and a bad run, this can help.

I'll get a time up when the 3200+ gets tricked out, which could be a while depending on the availibility of a maze4 and getting a core that actually works. I'd have to get it up to 3000Mhz or so to match the 4000+ claw up there.

Whew, those are some insane tips to squeeze out every last little second....honestly I'm too lazy to do most of that :p I just make sure theres nothing like an IM or download going on a fresh boot up and run it....I had AIM going and got like 49 seconds, and then when I shut that and avant down I got 43seconds (stock 3200+ venice, 1gb Patriot XBL PC3200) so I'm sure if I did all those things that it suggests it MIGHT get into the high 30's

If I can get this thing up to 2.8GHz and my RAM running 275Mhz I might have a shot at low 30's....of course I'm not a veteran of superPI honestly so who knows, my guess could be way off

oh i didnt know you needed to not have things running when you did this lol. i had like 2 programs running in the background lol. all well its all good cause im happy w/ what i got if nubius is getting 43 on his 64bit. not to shabby:p

doubt that'll happen....suppose he shoulda put ***56k warning*** up on there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom