Amd athlon64 3200(venice)
MSI Neo-4 Platinum mobo
1gig Corsair XMS3200
ATI radeon 600xt pro pci xpress
1 40gig sata hdd
1 tdk CDRW drive
400 watt psu.
ATOP Xplode case

I figured I would help cool off the processor by getting another fan for it. Well i got the Zalman CPU Cooler CNPS7000BLED-AlCu. I dont think its running cool enough. At idle the computer is 42 celcius. Under load its at 55 celcius. To me that just seems high. I also have only one case fan that came with it. The zalman fan wont run any higher then 2400rpm. Should I get another cpu fan or is this normal temps the these processors? Thanx in advance.

did u apply AS5 with instructions from AS site? if no do so, ur temps will improve a lot. make shur u buen it in also, it takes time for it to settle to get temps u want.

I guess that may be the problem then I was sent the artic ceramic one instead of the artic silver 5. Ill check inot that right away. Glad you noticed it.

Remember that you only want a little bit of AS5. About the size of a grain of rice will be plenty.

Take off the old one with some isophyll (or anything 90+% alcohol)

btw. How hot is your room? As the room temperature greatly effects the CPU temperature.

Nissanspecv04 said:
I guess that may be the problem then I was sent the artic ceramic one instead of the artic silver 5. Ill check inot that right away. Glad you noticed it.

shit

ceramic doesnt come off very easily...

If you leave the computer in front of the AC unit if its a window one like mine you should be getting much colder temps, because my Newcastle 2800+ overclock to 3200+ speeds can get to 69F at its coldest, but i had a lot of fans and a side intake fan blowing that cold air straight onto the CPU. Anyways if you only have one exaust case fan get 2 more fans and make one intake and the other exaust if possible. Or you can get a few new case fans with realy high CFM.

charles_scott said:
If you leave the computer in front of the AC unit if its a window one like mine you should be getting much colder temps, because my Newcastle 2800+ overclock to 3200+ speeds can get to 69F at its coldest, but i had a lot of fans and a side intake fan blowing that cold air straight onto the CPU. Anyways if you only have one exaust case fan get 2 more fans and make one intake and the other exaust if possible. Or you can get a few new case fans with realy high CFM.

yea its a window one. Im going to be getting 2 more fans very soon. Any suggestions on some high CFM ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom