Windows taking much longer, problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
This just started happening about 2 days ago. When i turn on my computer and the blue screen with windows comes up, it stays at that screen alot longer than it did before. Then my wallpaper comes up but nothing else (no programs completely blank except for the wallpaper). After a wait some of the programs come up then i have to wait a little longer for the rest of them to appear. Can anyone tell me whats happening? Why is my computer so slow when booting? Thanks in advance

This can be done with a common diagnosis when computers noticeably slow down. Always do the virus-spyware check first. Then check your start up items. Do you have too many? go to start - run and type "msconfig". Be careful in here you dont want to mess with too much. Then go to your Startup items.Figure out what you need and dont. Later find a website for the services that run in your bg. Find out if you really need some of them or if there just a waste. However since your loading slower on boot, it may in fact be a hardware thing, try some of this stuff that you may have already done that i listed first, if none work get some help from others and you might want to consider giving it a hardware diagnosis

Re:

Hello,

Have you done regular checks on your volumes and any required defragmentations?

Alvin - regular checks on your volumes???? Not sure what your saying there. And yes i defrag my hard drive about a week ago.

Super - did the whole spyware/adware thing. I'll give the whole start up items a look at though.... My bg???Sorry lost me there. BTW - how can i give a hardware diagnosis? Is there a program out there that can do it?

Thanks guys :)

bg meaning your background. Things you cant really stop completely with taskmgr. For a hardware diagnosis, i'd ask someone in the hardware forums maybe, i dont want to give you any wrong information since i just began playing and building with hardware about a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom