How to pick a monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch

Baseband Member
Im in the market for a new LCD monitor anf I am wondering how to pick the best one. I did a little reading and it seams that 800:1 > 500:1 and the higher the MS the better? Im just posting here to make sure im getting the information right,

Yea gest a monitor with about 8ms or a little lower if you can. Those ones are good for gaming the 500:1 ratio is the contrast if you didn't already know that. Its comparing the darkest black to white. The bigger the ratio the darker your black will seem. If you get a monitor with a small ratio then your blacks will seem more like greys.

Also, remember that if you buy a cheap LCD/TFT monitor than you have the risk of getting dead pixels. There is nothing more annoying, than having one of them, as there is a black dot on the screen.

Anything below 16ms will be fine (just). If you get 8ms than it will be even better. If you get anything above 16ms, than you will get ghosting.
CRT's are the best for gaming though.

BTW, Crazed_Climber, your sig is way too big.

u should reallt get a 21 in. flat screent crt i have one and i love it i do play a little bit of games then i have an lcd monitor i got with a dell and i dont really like but the lcds are better for ure eyes so i use it my eyes arent so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom