Here's the price on the new video card everyone is talking about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
GrimReaper23 said:
how many pipelines 32?

Techniclly, the X800 was the best when it came out, cuz nobody gave a damn about PSM 3.0. IT was single slot, low power consumption, performed just as well if not better than the ultra. it was only when PSM 3.0 became big that people got pissed at ATI

P.P. Mguire said:
lol if it is discontinued then why does it say in stock? :D
Manufacturer's pulled the plug. However the store still has stock as they purchase it before they pulled the plug.

It's not uncommon.

people also said the X800 was "going to be better" when it came out. so let's just wait and see first before we jump to conclusions

Agreed , way to soon to start pushing numbers :)

dhw200 said:
techniclly, the X800 was the best when it came out, cuz nobody gave a damn about PSM 3.0. IT was single slot, low power consumption, performed just as well if not better than the ultra. it was only when PSM 3.0 became big that people got pissed at ATI and declared the X800 the loser

dhw200 said:

Techniclly, the X800 was the best when it came out, cuz nobody gave a damn about PSM 3.0. IT was single slot, low power consumption, performed just as well if not better than the ultra. it was only when PSM 3.0 became big that people got pissed at ATI

PSM3.0 is not the only reason the ATI X800 series sucks. OpenGL performance (Doom3) also sucks. The new FEAR beta also runs terrible on ATI hardware, running the same on low settings on the X800XT as it runs maxed out on the 6800 GT. The X800 series plain SUCKS, no doubt about it. Sorry about the rant, im just so pissed about this FEAR issue with ATI cards.

beedubaya - i gotta laugh dude, ever since i started visiting this board i've read posts from you about your X800 pro. It's OK, it's very easy to be tempted to buy the newest thing out even though waiting for the competitions rival product is usually your best bet (especially when it comes to computer hardware but then i'm sure you know this already). It wouldn't surprise me if ATI's new card is much better than what Nvidia's card were looking at here. ATI has had a very bad year and has seen their stock drop in price dramatically because of increased competition and consumers who they really pissed off (beedubaya) by releasing bad products. As i said it wouldn't surprise me if ATI wins this upcoming round of video card wars because they really need too but on the other hand i could see them trying to do too much and making another line of "Inadequate" cards.

Using a beta to judge performance isn't accurate though as betas are full of bugs and don't run optimal, especially since the drivers often conflict with them.

I think ATI has the real advantage because they're using a 90nm process on the cores so they can market them cheaper. I predict a 32 pipeline card on a 90nm core can go for about as much 24 pipeline 110nm core. That's also why the x800XL had such a price cut, smaller process made it cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom