Should I turn off my PC daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't do it man! I keep mine on for months at a time. I have no problems. In the past i turned it off when i was done and turned it on when i Was ready to use it. No problems there either :).So like Microbell said, it really doesnt matter.

I turn my computer off whenever im not using it because of security and safety reasons, that being hackers and viruses. A hacker or virus cannot enter your system when the computer is off, except when you have a firewall. :wink:

I love hibernate :). I usually turn my computer off by using hibernate mode and until now my computer has no problems when starts. :)

We turn off all our pc's at night except for one, which monitors several sites 24/7. However, that pc has to be cold-booted at least once a day to reclaim all the memory that gets sucked up during daily operation (in addition to the site monitoring). I've found that cold-booting completely handled constant crashing that warm reboots did not take care of. Having 4 pc's running makes the room around 10-15 degrees warmer than the rest of the house, which is, to me, a definite indicator of the amount of electricity being used. So we turn off the other 3 at night.

XP and above automatically free up RAM if it gets too high
leaving it on all the time can be bad if you haven't got cooling that keeps the temperature stable, but if you do it will be perfectly fine.
I'd like to keep my computer on all the time but since I still live with my parents (I'm 15) I have to switch it off all the time

i agree with Cherubimon_3.20 on this one, me not sittin in front of it and havin it online is a security issue with me even tho im firewalled.(software firewalled) :( if i shut my modem off or put it into hibernation or standby it messes up my cable and i have to restart neways so whatever works for u i guess. mines gets shut off when im gonna b away from it for any more than an hour or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom