Taskbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc2003

Solid State Member
Using Windows XP Pro with SP2. Just wondering whether its possible to prevent the scroll bar from scrolling when you have more than 6 or so applications running. That is, when i have say 7 applications running then the 7th application will be on the next line of the task bar which means that the only way i can click on it is to click on the up/down arrow on the taskbar. I find this quite cumbersome, is it possible to have all applications (regardless of how many there are) all on the one line? thanks

Do you mean that they are grouping in the taskbar, like 7 internet explorer windows group together when a few too many windows are open?

If so, right click on the taskbar and in the options pane look for a 'group similar taskbar buttons' options and uncheck it.

Hope this helps you.

nope.....i currently have them "ungrouped". You know when you have them ungrouped and you open like 10 internet explorer browsers then they dont all fit onto the one line and in order to access say the 10th browser you have to click the up/down arrow on the taskbar in order to access the second line of taskbar.

Ah yes. I know what you mean. I think thats an unchangable (pain in the arse) feature though. Not sure though.

no you can change it, right click on taskbar - go to properties and under taskbar tab uncheck "group similar taskbar buttons"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom