im thinking about the geforce 6600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcheapyasui

Solid State Member
ive heard a lot of good things about the geforce 6600gt, especially the leadtek one. I have a geforce ti 4200 right now, and i think i could use an upgrade. I cant run any new game on max settings right now, and i can barely run san andreas at a decent setting. Do you think it will be a substantial upgrade? Can i run new games with max everything?

if so then i think im gettin one!

by the way, i have an althlon 2400+, 1gb of ram. I'm also considering upgrading to the 3000+, since thats the max my motherboard can take. Would the cpu upgrade have much of an effect on games?

thanks!

The 6600GT would be a good upgrade from your current card.

Although you wont be able to play all games with everything set to max its still a great card, you going to need to buy an 6800 Ultra or X850XT PE to play everything on max, but these cards almost cost double the price.

Ya, only games like Half life 2 and Farcry will prevent you from going max AA and AF with max resolution. If you want that on those games, get the 6800GT or X850.

mrcheapyasui - The 6600gt are fantastic cards, the boys are right you won't be able to play every new game on Max settings but on the other hand you'll have no problems running any game at Medium to high settings. Also the price has just dropped, if you are thinking about buying the 6800gt/ultra wait untill the new line of video cards come out by (ATI and Nivdia) (in a month or two) and you will see the price of the 6800 drop significantly.After saying all this though get yourself a 6600gt you won't regret it. (make sure you get the 6600gt not just the 6600) BTW - yes upgrading your cpu would have a positive effect on gaming.

If you want to play on 1024x768, you will be able to play max settings with the 6600 GT. However, if you bump that up to 1280x1024 or especially 1600x1200, it becomes a struggle for the card.

i have the 6600gt and i love it i can play doom hight setting and get a good 65FPS and it works great for far cry and for like 165$ whats there to complain about?? get it like they said u wont regret!!!!!!!!

Woot6600gt - your really into getting that 7800 aren't you? LOL BTW - i was playing BF2 yesterday or the day before and there was a player named Woot96 or woot99, any chance that was you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom