Building new comp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperXMega

Baseband Member
Alright everyone while browsing through the forums i've noticed this is like the millionth 1st time builder n00b asking for help thread, but i'd really appreciate to get some of your guy's help as ive noticed a lot of you are really experienced and knowlegable.
Ok so.. Budget is around $1650

(mobo) DFI Ultra NF4 or MSI K8N NEO2 PLATINUM about same price.. $135

(ram) OCZ el plat. 1gb $174
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146890

(case - psu) Still deciding but both around range of $150 max
(cd burner-dvd etc) $150
now it gets real undecisive..

ok for Video Card, i cannot decide wether to go for ati or nvidia to start off with. Also cant decide AGP- or PCI! Ive also read that xl800 series arent really worth it? so that makes my original thoughts be4 tougher.

Also for cpu, as if i didnt have trouble before, now the x2's are out and it seems pricey but great, and so i cant decide anything. Before i was looking at the fx-53 since sockets matched mb but some opinions and insight on that as well please.
Im planning on some serious gaming and maybe a little bit of future oc too.

At least ive gotten some of the building stuff out of the way since i was able to get some old comps from a friend and got some great practice and experience from working on them. Thank you all in advance, and im sorry for excessive questions lol ;X

Man... do a search on tech-forums.

Anyway, graphics card. Either way, wait for the new ones now. You can either get a new one, or prices will all on old ones. Then, if you don't want a new one, get a 6800GT (NVIDIA).

Processor... not sure what to do. If you really want a dual core, then get one. Otherwise (since you obviously have the money to fund one) I'd recommend an AMD Athlon 64 3700+ with a San Diego core.

Thanks for the quick reply, gives a good idea on what to consider. So far i think im going to wait on processors & video cards however more thoughts would be appreciated. Any opinions on wether choice of ram or mobo is alright, and wether i should consider agp or pci and what other things may be fit for a gamer wanting to handle things like BattleField 2 etc on higher settings?

Ok first of all go for teh DFI board with PCI-E, this is a more futureproof way to go. Get an 6800GT or Ultra so latter on when you need more performance you can pop another one in.

As for the Dual core processors its just a waste of money, so just get an FX55 or a San Diago or Venice.

That sounds pretty nice neo, and quite a few of you have been suggesting the 6800 gt or better. Another question is wether the DFI supports an Nvidia card with an amd cpu? Also can someone clarify if the ram is a decent pick or wether there is something else that may be around range of pricing that is much better? And thanks a lot guys you've been a real help with your suggestions so far :)

ok so i can tell you are a total noob
a. on a 1600 dollar budget you were looking at a 700 dollar cpu?!!?
b. ati and intel ati and nvidia amd and ati amd and nvidia it doesnt make a difference they all work together
c. get the 3700+ if you can afford it make sure its sandiego core
d. get pci-e
e. wait until the new gfx cards come out they will cause the older cards prices to go down

your right about being a super noob, its just that with some of the research i did, the new cpu's appealed a lot to me, thats why im posting on forums and still looking so i can get some help :). Your suggestions are also around other peoples Aspire, i think i may be leaning towards them but for now i think ill take the advice of waiting a little, but more help is always appreciated :D. And thanks again guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom