Parts to NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
And motherboard with SiS chipsets are the worse thng you can buy.

I have a PCV-RX860 Vaio, Sony Desktop for one of my computers and it has a SIS 650 chipset I think. I never had any problems with it I want your reasoning.

They are unclockable, and often lack the extras offered by other motherboards.

Also, you cannot count prebuilt systems. They use the most stable tech available. We're talking about Retail boards here.

overclocking is usually quite safe actually. your system will BSOD on you before it actually does any damage

anyway, unless you plan on getting an aftermarket cooler, do not buy an XFX video card. they come with the worst coolers, although the cards themselves overclock pretty well

dont buy anything that is non branded unless you count some cheap led fans
also dont buy any psu's from athenatech overpriced pos

1.29 for a 80mm red led fan hell even if it is crap you could buy 4 for the price of a vantec or antec
(even though this one is brand name)

heres the link in case anyone cares
http://svc.com/80comaneledc3.html

Stuff to never buy
Powmax psu's (There garbage, use child labor to make them and they go with a loud bang *speaking from 2 experences*)

Pc chips motherboards (can you say fire)

-Don't buy an X800 Pro or any X800/X850 card....as dhw200 said. They lack SM3.0 and have below par OpenGL performance.

The X800XT PE is not crap. Because it doesn't support pixel shader 3? That makes it crap? No... The cards performance is fantastic... True PS3 isn't supported... wow... There are so many games right now that support it... What Far Cry? A little extra eye candy? Give me a break... This PS2 vs. PS3 war is just plain stupid.

You guys automatically say, "It sucks. No PS3." I bet 110% that if you had a PS3 system and a PS2 system running the same game right next to each other you wouldn't know which was which...

My X800XT PE OC'ed @ (550/1200) Laughs at any game at the highest resolutions and AA's.

But, I guess it's still crap... oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom