ATI confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alantis are 9800 pro's

XT wont give you a noticeable increase, stick witth your current card

And why the dislike for Nvidia, that's fanboyism, and gets hit squads sent after u here...

Dale, anyone?

As for me, I preferred ATI cuz it was in the last gen that i started to get into vid cards, and ATI pwned, and the nvidia FX series sucked. now my opinions are reversed about this gen. The next gen looks poised to reverse em again, so im back to where i started.

If u want, u could prolly OC ur Pro to XT speeds

Ok, this guy is asking questions specifically related to ATI cards, the atlantis, pro, and xt , and everyone just comes in and says 6600GT or next generation. He even mentioned that he preferred to have the ATI cards because he was on a budget, yet people still came as said 6600GT, next generation. I think this is getting way out of hand.

Edit: Btw, stick with your current video card. The extra money will not give you noticable performance.

ATI Product Comparison

Product Name --------------RADEON 9800 PRO 256MB--------RADEON 9800 XT

ASIC----------------------------------RADEON 9800-------------------RADEON 9800

(Technology Features)
SMARTSHADER™-----------------------2.1----------------------------------2.1
SMOOTHVISION™-----------------------2.1----------------------------------2.1
FULLSTREAM™----------------------Real, DivX------------------------Real, DivX
Adaptive De-Interlace--------------VIDEOSHADER™-------------VIDEOSHADER™
HYDRAVISION™--------------------------Yes---------------------------------Yes
Hardware MPEG Encode Assist----------/-------------------------------------/

(Specifications)
Bus Type--------------------------------AGP 4X,8X-------------------------AGP 4X, 8X
Memory Amount (MB)----------------------256-----------------------------------256
Memory Type-------------------------------DDR2--------------------------------DDR1
Memory Interface--------------------------256-bit------------------------------256-bit
Memory Clock Speed (MHz)--------------350----------------------------------365
Engine Clock Speed (MHz)----------------380--------------------------------- 412
Pipelines----------------------------------------8-------------------------------------8
Pixel Fillrate----------------------------3.04 Gpixels/sec-------------------3.3 Gpixels/sec
Geometry Rate------------------------380 MTriangles--------------------412 MTriangles

(Display Support)
VGA--------------------------------------------Yes----------------------------------Yes
DVI---------------------------------------------Yes----------------------------------Yes
Dual Monitor Display------------------------Yes----------------------------------Yes
YPrPb Out for HDTV---------------w/adapter optional-----------------w/adapter optional
S-Video Out-----------------------------------Yes----------------------------------Yes
Composite Out-----------------------w/adapter included----------------w/adapter included

(Multimedia Support)
S-Video In----------------------------------------/--------------------------------------/
Composite In------------------------------------/---------------------------------------/
TV Tuner-----------------------------------------/---------------------------------------/
FM Tuner---------------------------------------No-------------------------------------No
DTV Tuner-------------------------------------N/A-------------------------------------/
Remote Control Included---------------------/----------------------------------------/
EAZYLOOK-------------------------------------/----------------------------------------/
Audio Out----------------------------------------/----------------------------------------/
S/PDIF Out--------------------------------------/----------------------------------------/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom