DFI NF3 Skt939 AGP is on it's way

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm this sounds alot more interesting than the thread called for. get pics as soon as you build it
Yeah god knows when I'll get to it.....I'm probably gonna get an air compressor for my dad for fathers day and then get a cutting wheel so I can slice through this thermaltake case like BUTTAH, then I just gotta get the acryling, build it and actually mount it :p

dam, those are fat ass water pipes.... what cooling system do you have?
Danger den parts, nothing less than 1/2" is acceptable :p

BTW: This is first post on my new AMD64 system :D

I leak tested it for 3 hours today not to mention the few hours last night...put the CPU back in and bam, booted up first try (thank god...literally....now I gotta go to church tomorrow cause I have always been putting it off and my friend keeps asking me, so I guess I owe it now :p)

No I haven't even begun to OC or anything like that, I literally just got windows up like 20 mins ago, JUST installed mobo drivers, graphics, and sound drivers, about to go through the hours of windows updates, start installing my necessaties, head to dfi to report my current status and things like that....I'll wind up making another thread purely based around problems I have with this board and OC'ing results and things like that....but the BIOS is definitely finicky on this thing, so like most every other user I believe I will have to wait until I get a new BIOS update released from DFI before I have even the slightest chance of successful OC....and no I don't have temps for the CPU yet either...plus every report seems to show wack ass temps with this board not to mention I don't have any of that kind of software installed right now.

any info on when DFI is going to release the BIOS update?

Also, does ur case have a temp probe/monitor built into it?

No, my case is the TT XaserV, the XaserIII's have the built in probe...I do have a probe, but I didn't bother actually installing it, plus the best I'd be able to get is the temp of the side of the IHS.....

Angry_Games which is one of 2 DFI representatives that also get the new boards like this and thoroughly tested them have already put in a word to the DFI Taiwan base, I'm hoping within 3 weeks or so a new BIOS revision might be coming out.

RAM boots up with 2T timing when it's 1T RAM, apparently the boards are being really finicky with 1T and windows isn't liking it.

Also CPU-Z is reporting my Vcore at 1.28 (I've got a 3200+ venice for those that dont know) so apparently theres quite a few weird voltage issues as well.....plus some other memory tweakings that need to be worked out.

This one is showing me a ton of different temps lol, look at the attached image

I can only assume temp1 is the CPU....I had a screenshot earlier it was showing freakin 70C......it has hopped from 16C to 36C in one second, so as far as temps go the BIOS is pretty screwy in that category as well

Attachments

• speedfan.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 42
mebbe u should change ur sig now, nubius :)

At least it looks like none of those temps are outta control

[qoute]mebbe u should change ur sig now, nubius[/quote] lol yeah already thought of it....haven't gotten photoshop reinstalled though, and on top of that, my graphics card was freezing in 3dmark05 and in 03 when it was at 430/1150....I can only assume it's still because of the flakey BIOS, because it's maxing out at like 47C max load lol, no artifacting whatsoever and I've been running it like that in my XP rig for quite a while now, so I'm having to run it at like 410/1120

Regarding those temps, that "Temp1" has shown me like 14c, 35c, and 70C thus far :p it just happened to be under control right there

No point even changing your siggy at this point since you don't even know when everything is gonna max. Look on the bright side, at least you got a core that works. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom