No monitor signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlygreg

Solid State Member
Hi,
I have been running a computer i aquired for several weeks now and had no problems concerning my monitor or onboard video. Yesterday it was running fine and i made no changes or alterations to the hardware. Today when i attempted to switch my computer on i get no signal, there is no beeping but i cannot understand what could cause the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks i'll try that, my motherboard doesnt have a slot for the video card that i tried. I'll see if the monitor works on another computer.

ok i tried my monitor in another computer and it was fine, obviously no problem there. It must have something to do with my onboard video. I cannot insert another video card because there is no slot to fit it. What can i do?

Take out a card, and stick one in assuming all your pci slots are filled. Or if you have an ancient computer, with no pci slot and only integrated, it's time for a new computer. If you have no pci card, then invest in one, it'll spare your cpu and improve performance so it'll be guaranteed to work. Can you post and get into bios. Could be a bios setting. IF your screen has nothing happening from turning on your computer, that means it doesn't turn on, you could reset your motherboard, by pulling out the power cord to the power supply unit and pushing the power button.
Roger
Roger

thanks damasta,
i will try resetting my motherboard as you say, i am not sure why the computer woudlnt have PCI slots and you can turn off onboard video which indicates that you could probably insert a card so i'll have a look. I may need to buy a video card but that seems pointless because for what i do with my computer i dont need one and onboard is fine. There is no reason for onboard to randomly stop working as it has so i hope its fixable.

i tried that, my on switch is connected to my mother board so disconnecting my motherboard from powersupply means that i cant turn it on so i used the old fasioned method of turning it on and pulling out the motherboard cable. When i do this the computer turns off anyway. When i turn it back on i get the same problem...nothing. Everything sounds ok, the CPU spins, the Hard drive spins, the CD drive has lights go on and off a few times as normal, even my network card's lights flash and it begins to show signs of trying to connect but it doesnt beep and there is no signal to the monitor.

Well i have success. I reset the RAM again...and put it in a different slot, the motherboard started beeping BIOS codes at me and i thought i was sunk. I turned it off and put the RAM back in the other slot. Works fine...as i like to say a computer that randomly screws up should randomly fix. Heres a classic example. Thanks for you help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom