Will RAM inscrease my gaming performance??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lets say that you get pc 2700 256mb RAM to start with...
So now you guys are saying that you are stuck with this forever? and u cant upgrade to 3200 u have to buy a whole new stick and throw away the pc 2700???
lol you've gotta be kidding... even though it isnt that much money, it's still a waste....
***Please correct me if im wrong***

Like i_krazyie_i said, RAM is where your data is stored once accessed by the HD.
The more RAM you have, the less time the computer will pass accessing the HDD so you will definitely notice faster load time between levels when playing games.

In theory, it is possible to mix one stick of 3200 with one stick of 2700 as your computer will treat it as another 2700.

The best though is to use brackets of the same speed and size, thus removing any possible conflict.

If possible, get the same brand name for your sticks as well, this ensures the best compatibility since they will also have the same specs (latency time etc...)

You might not notice a huge framerate increase by increasing your RAM size but you will certainly notice it for your load time and such and also when the video card requires more processing power (i.e. multiple enemies etc...) which cause a huge frame rate drop in games because your computer has to load new data in the RAM in order to process the data correctly.

The more RAM the better.

o ok then thanks man,
lol yeh i think ill get some more ram, 512 should be enough hey? because i dont really wanna get 1gb of ram... My comp is only generally for playing games and people say it's cool if you only have 512mb...
thanks for your help,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom