DFI NF3 Skt939 AGP is on it's way

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think they should have left the NF2 DFI color pattern cause i think the Yellow and orange went good together. Gaaraa you should put a pic up of your board too.

Sweet! Why is the CMOS battery black?
It's not....it's normal battery colors...it's the angle in which the picture was taken and the flash causes the outside edges to be darker.

After market NB sink doesn't fit, too tall....I coulda made it fit where one little 'lip' part of the cooler goes inbetween the small little MOSFET cooler strip on the 6800GT, but then that'd mean I'd never be able to take out the card lol.

Soooo yeaaaah, after screwing with the computer a few hours today, I finally got it all hooked up and the tubings hooked up etc...etc....and as usual I use my test PSU to power the pump and fill the system so I don't have to turn on my computer which is good thing because first the CPU barb started to leak.....finally got that fixed with a hose clamp, THEN the freakin GPU barbs, BOTH of them started to leak....got some more hose clamps.....but it didn't work for those......sooo yeah basically I gotta order some new tubing or get some clearflex off my friend so it won't be prestretched out and might fit tighter around there.....for tonight I just drained the system and put the computer aside because I'm tired of messing with it.

Some random pics:

Just the area I managed to make pretty messy while working on the comp...this is actually a cleaner part of the day because more parts where in the comp :p

workspace.jpg

Inside the comp pic 1:

compinnards.jpg

Inside the comp pic 2:

compinnards2.jpg

Believe it or not I even tried to make the cables tidy, but it's freakin impossible I tells ya, got way too many wires flowing through there....

during these pictures was the "Oh man, I hope the setup goes smoothly" thinking....little did I know multiple leaks were waiting for me right around the corner like I said above.....

Well, I cut the tips off the tubing because I figured it was stretched and reapplied it and refilled up my loop.....I just used regular anti-freeze and distilled water this time, didn't care about color, just wanted the damn thing to work....it's still a pink...a lighter pink than before, but there was still remnence of the liquid I put in from when it DID leak so that turned it pinkish a little bit....it's been leak testing for well over an hour now and there hasn't been a leak yet....last time it was showing leaks fairly quickly....hell I've even been tinkering with the hoses this whole time so if leaks were gonna happen I think I woulda seen em by now....damn bottom PCI slot that had my sound card in it got stained =/ luckily the water was pink otherwise I might not have noticed it....got it cleaned with some alcohol just now, but no doubt I gotta clean my sound card right where it inserts as I thought it originally had only wet the back but hadn't slipped down there....

I'm gonna be terrified to turn the machine on tomorrow =/ I was so rough with my 6800GT while trying to fix the first leak and no that crap has come in contact with my board....bah! what a mess

Very nice, I still haven't gotten around to the window as I still haven't decided whether to use the ATX or flip it to BTX to keep the RAM cooler at the bottom.

PP, I put up a picture a few pages ago.

the way my tubing bends from the maze4 to the T-line right before the pump causes the tubing to stick out, outside the case basically....meaning it'd have to be pushed in to get the panel on.....I'm thinking of cutting a pretty large window out of the side panel and make it a box of acrylic that basically sticks up off the side panel....not only for my hard drives as with the XP system the side panel kept hitting something over there, but to allow the tubing to sit naturally as well....maybe I can just make the whole damn side of acrylic or plexi and then have it stick out that way :p

either way I got some work and thinking to do in regards to the side panel

Thats a nice system you got there nubius. If you want it to be pimpin, get some UV dye of XG site. ;) Very nice system though, oh, and zipty's make cable management very easy. just hide them away in bundles ;). Nice sytem though.

lol there are zipties in there, and I even started off good, but more and more wires just get bundled there and then it looks like crap...but yeah I don't much care for UV stuff.....everyone and their dog has a UV system that's why I wanted red water with red LED's and whatnot for a complete black and red "theme" if you will....I have some white cold cathodes...I'll be putting one of those in with the red LED's in the future.

Just make it like half a box that mounts onto the side of your case like a regular side panel would. basically extending the case a lil bit for the tubes to sit naturaly. BTW im getting something a lil more diff than UV. Im using flourescent paint instead and having a blue and pink theme inside my computer lol, w/ a coupla blue LED fans too.

the 'half box' was what I was already planning, plus like I said....I don't know if it's fixed now because I'm using actual SATA power connectors and then the SATA cables for data from DFI are much shorter where it connects to the HD than the ones I originally had, but it was weird....the side panel wouldnt be able to slide all the way on at the bottom right....then for whatever reason my computer would freeze and lock up, all remedied by removing the side panel.....so I wanted it to box out for the tubing and the HD's as well, plus I could always do some etching along the sides and that might turn out pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom