Textbox scrolling problem in Internet Explorer for Win XP on Sony Vaio Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromerothermun

Beta member
I've noticed a recent problem on both of my Sony Vaio machines running Windows XP. I have IE 6.0 installed on both machines and have downloaded all windows patches and driver updates for my PCs.

The problem involves scrolling text boxes, such as you would find on any web-based email service, such as Yahoo! Mail or Hotmail. The text box is the box that appears when you go to reply to an email. It is basically the place where you edit text to be sent in a reply email. When I try to scroll up, either page-by-page or single line, the text keeps jumping down to the bottom of the message. Scrolling down doesn't produce any problems.

Needless to say, this can be quite annoying. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have a Sony Vaio and have never experienced this problem. However, I did have a friend that did on his machine (not a vaio) and it was due to incorrect mouse drivers.

Are your drivers current?

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, it isn't as simple as mouse drivers in my case. I have all the latest updates. And I'm experiencing this problem on a computer I just bought last month.

I have the same problem on my machine as well, but it's an IBM Thinkpad (a P-II/400), and it only happens occasionally. But for me, the problem happens on any scroll bar in IE.

It seems to happen if I use the mouse to grab the scroll bar directly (as opposed to using the up/down arrows) and scroll up or down. After that, I sometimes see the symptoms you describe. Mine ususally do away after exiting and restarting IE. If I come accross a fix, I'll let you know.

Viken K.

Yes, my problem happens only when clicking on the up arrow of the scroll bar in a text box. It doesn't happen on the main IE window scroll bar. Restarting doesn't solve this problem for me.

But thanks for the feedback Viken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom