ATI confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calif. Viper

Beta member
Can anybody tell me the difference between the Radeon 9800 Atlantis, the pro and the XT versions. I have the Atlantis 128mb now and am considering buying the XT 256mb because I game quite a bit. How about the less expensive Pro compared to the XT?

damasta55r said:
Both are old generation. Wairt a month a get the 6800gt or 660gt

The reason I'm looking at those cards is that funds are tight. I can't afford the latest tech. Aren't those cards Nvidia?:D

The xt is better than the pro. But its true that they are both the old generation, and you probably shouldnt buy either.

Yeah those cards are both nvidia. 6600gt really isnt that expensive, and the price will most likely drop within a few months because of the new generation of cards coming out.

the drizzle said:
Yeah those cards are both nvidia. 6600gt really isnt that expensive, and the price will most likely drop within a few months because of the new generation of cards coming out.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
As I said before, I can't afford the new stuff. I switched to ATI because of unexplainable problems with Nvidia. I don't care if a video card is a
little outdated as long as it's better then what I'm running now. Do you know what the Atlantis version is? How does it differ from the Pro?

Thanks

I agree w/ pc boy. the 9800XT is way overpriced for the lack of many new things out now. the 6600GT is the better card for a cheaper price. the Xt really isnt that much better than the pro cept for the extra 128mb of ram but then again the argument ehre is that you dont need that much ram on board. so just get a 6600GT that is cheaper than any of those you listed.

Just save 60 bucks more and buy the 6600gt of newegg, You'll get a lot better performance outta it. Believe me!

personally, i like ATI, but for the money - go with Nvidia. As stated already, the 6600GT is more bang for the buck than the ATI 9800xt.

As for the Atlantis thing, i would guess that the Atlantis is probably just some sort of marketing name. it's probably a 9800 pro with a different name.

The difference between the pro and XT versions - obviously 128meg of memory. but you wont see a dramatic improvement in any games.

Bottom line: Go with Nvidia 6600GT now or wait a couple of months and go with the 6800GT when the new cards come out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom