Hola from Texas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyHippieChic

Beta member
Just found this place. Seems like a good group of peeps. I think I might be hanging around a bit. Just thought I'd introduce myself.

Mandy from Dallas. The one and only support tech at my company so every bit of help is appreciated. It really sucks if I get stumped so maybe the place can help me out a bit. Anyhoo, been a techie since I got my first 486dx266 back in 94/95 or so. Along with computers, my other hobby is my car. Yeah, yeah, and NO, I'm not a big burly lesbian. Girls can get into these things too!!! Love my car! Probably more than my computers! Even joined 3 car clubs and planning on showing it next season.

Ok, enough chattering. I don't really know what else to say. So later!

(oh and this will probably be the one and only msg from me with capitalization and no abbreviations. just thought i'd warn ya ahead of time. :p )

-Mandy
aka HappyHippieChic

Thanks for the welcome!

sig is from track 69 (the cries of the carrots) of Tool's Undertow album. I love that song!

..And the Angel Of The Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still, until we moved through the spaces 'betwixt the air itself. And he brought me unto a vast farmland of our own midwest. And as we decended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil.

One thousand, 'nay, a million voices, full of fear. And terror posessed me then. And I begged, "Angel Of The Lord, what are these totured screams?" and the Angel said unto me, "These are the Cries Of The Carrots. The Cries Of The Carrots, Y'see Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is Harvest Day, and to them, it is
The Holocaust."

..And I sprang from my slumber, drenched in sweat, like the tears of a million terrified brothers. And, Lord, Hear me now, I have seen the light, They have a conciousness, They have a life, They have a soul. Damn You! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers! Can I get an "Amen?" (collective "AMEN!") Can I get a Hallelujah? (collective "HALLELUJAH!") Thank you, Jesus!

This. Is. Necessary.
This. Is. Necessary.
Life. Feeds on life.
Feeds on life.
Feeds on life.
Feeds on This. Is. Necessary.

(etc. until 69 06.05)
(cricket sounds until 69 13.51, then:)
It was daylight when you woke up in Your ditch. You looked up at Your sky. That, that made Blue be your color. You had your knife ther with you, too. When you stood up, there was goo all over your clothes. Your hands were sticky. You wiped them on Your grass. So now your color was Green. Oh, Lord, why did everything have to keep changing like this? You were already getting nervous again. Your head hurt and it rang when you stood up. Your head was almost empty. It alwasys hurt you when you woke up like this. You crawled up out of Your ditch onto Your gravel road. You began to walk, waiting for your mind to come back to you. You could see the car parked far down the road, and
you walked toward it. "If God is our father," you thought, "Then Satan must be our cousin. Why didn't anyone else understand these important things?" When you got to Your car, you tried all the ddors. They were locked. It was a Red car and it was new. There was an expensive leather camera case laying on the seat. Out across Your field, you could see two tiny people walking by Your woods. You began to walk towards them. Now Red was your color, and of course, the little people out there were Yours, too. (...click)

i like all kinds of cars. mostly sport compacts and euros, but i can enjoy just about any. i have a 96 dodge avenger es. just started modding it last year. due to limited funds (i'm sure everyone can feel me there), i haven't gotten to do much, but here's the mods i have put on so far:

current mods:
Shaved Door Handles
Removed Side Trim and all Badging
Purple Iceman Cold Air Intake
Purple Custom Ground Wire Kit
Purple Wire Loom and various Painted Engine Parts
Neuspeed Strut Bar
KYB GR2 Struts
DropZone Coilovers w/3.5 inch drop
Purple painted Interior
Purple Washer Lights
Purple Strobes in Headlights
Clear Turns
97 Front End
Purple Interior Neons
Carbon Fiber Gauge Bezel
Cleared Corner Lights
Pioneer 8500 Deck
Pioneer 6x9s
Rockford Fosgate door speakers
10" Hollywood Excursion Sub
Sony Xplode amp

future mods:
Konig Definition-7 17" White Rims
Purple Power Coated Plenum
Chromed Upper Valve Cover
Dual DTM exhaust
Air suspension
New Paint w/purple/white/gray ghost flames
Eclipse console swap
Purple LED underbody kit
TC1 Body Kit
Suicide Viper hood
3.5L Engine Swap

here's a pic of my baby from showfest in greenville this past spring:
aac.jpg

i know this is a tech forum, but if anyone wants to see a couple more pics, check out my gallery on asog:

http://www.asog.net/modules/gallery/album29?page=1

thanks for the welcome!

haven't run my baby yet. performance wise, she needs a lot of work. runs really good for an almost 8 year old car. this past weekend, i hit 150,000 miles! woo! hoo! come on 200k! but seriously, i will be running her after i get my engine swap done. this one has had it. i have some kind of random/multple misfire in one or more cylinders, lower valve cover has a small oil leak, and i'm burning oil like crazy. need a ring job in a bad way. the engine is pretty much shot. although, for the amount of problems with it, it runs really good. it's just not fesible to put any money in repairs on an engine with that many miles. i'm looking to swap it out with a 3.5 from an '03 eclipse by july of next year. then, i'll be running at the track. right now it's all about styling and profiling till i can get the power in to it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom