Kick your brain into 6th gear for this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeisalsocool

Daemon Poster
I'm about ready to go through the roof. I just recieved the ram yesterday, so of course I couldn't wait to get my new baby running.
First 5 minutes after install of xp; I'm unable to install the Nvidia drivers.
Tried the ones from the disk, no go, tried the new 71.xx, no go, tried the old 63.xx drivers, no go, and even the beta 77.xx, no, completley removing them in between installs
Ok, by now I'm mildly frusterated. They will install but when I go to restart I get a blank screen after the windows loading bar, and resets itself after a min or so. Then I get the F8 menu automatically so I go to Last known good configuration, but the drivers are gone (duh)

So I do a little research, and find that there was a new bios update for the venice core on the Abit. This sounded promising. After installing them correctly... twice, I got the same freaking thing, blank screen after the windows logo.
Next came the new nForce drivers from both nvidia.com and majorgeeks.com, guess what, same damn thing.

Okayyyy, this is lame. I then tried installing the monitor drivers to see if that would assist in any way. Aaaaaaaand no.
Tried everything above then with SP2 installed, still same thing.
I had to call it quits for the night before I broke something.

Today was a mix of everything mentioned above but in different orders.

Now, ready for the worst part? I yanked out an old PCI TNT Gfx card from the closet, and... no way, it worked with out monitor or VGA drivers. So I figured since windows got to install the drivers fully they might stay there. So I put the 6600 back in and it uninstalled them on me. holy %&*!

P.S I didn't mention that without gfx drivers installed I can still get to the desktop, but its software rendering. thats why I could install the drivers.

Have a stab at that one, I would be honored if you could clear this cloud.
-Joe

but why would the older card work?
Maybe while fixing the venice it also fixes the HTT in some way shape or form.
I may have to flash again. Thanks for the insight

if it was a bad BIOS flash his computer wouldn't POST period....he'd have a brand new paperweight......

I assume you have the motherboard drivers installed right...Abit AN8...so you got an AGP card right? Gotta make sure the AGP3.0 drivers are installed before you go and try to install the nvidia drivers.

older card would work if the above scenario was the case because PCI doesn't need drivers like the AGP slot does

Umm, did you ever consider that just mabey the video card might be bad?

If his video card was bad then it wouldnt show up in the firs tplace, sorta like bad bios flash....it just wouldnt post. I have a BRAND NEW Ti 4400 doing that grrrrrr.

Its definatley PCI Express, and I dont want to consider it to be dead, that would be bad.

So I got it to load into windows with the PCI card, so I decided to also install the 6600 which is PCI express. I had the computer boot up using the PCI card through the bios, and It loaded up perfect.
Since 2 cards are installed it showed them both in the gfx card properties from the desktop. It also showed them fully installed.
So I found another monitor and hooked it up to the 6600... Hit activate, and the computer froze. Restart, got the same dumb blank screen after the windows logo boot. Restart... Last known good configuration... And bam. a little popup comes up saying that the drivers installed are not compatable with this version of windows. So I checked the properties list and it only deleted the drivers for the 6600. I've tried all the newest and some older drivers, wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom