Why Me!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i took out my 256 and and left in the 512 and its working fine. My mobo max is 2gb. i have such bad luck =(

i have a p4sgx-mx asus mobo and it says i can have up to 2gb of ram, so why aint the 256 and 512 adding up??????

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!! i just checked my manual book for the mobo and it only sapourts up to pc2700 OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your right daappleby

That shouldn't matter. That stick of PC3200 will still run and just downclock to PC2700 speed. Did you try putting the 512 stick in ram slot #1 and the other one in #2? Maybe that will help?

If you can get it to work, you're better off with the PC3200 stick than if you had gotten another PC2700 because all new mobo's that use DDR memory now support PC3200, so if you do upgrade in the somewhat near future, you've already got a stick of RAM for the upgrade. If you were to try and stick an old PC2700 stick in a newer board, it would work, but your system RAM would only be running at PC2700 speeds instead of what the optimum that the new mobo can support (PC3200).

I bet the reason why its not working right is because you've maxed out the banks. eg. my old motherboard would only support one stick of double sided ram, or 2 sticks of single sided ram. i couldn't use one single sided stick and one double sided stick. check to see if the new ram's single or double sided, and if it is double sided, buy a new stick thats single sided. that should work. and get PC 2700.

well im gonna get a pc2700 tommorow and my mobo "only" sapourts up to pc2700 which i just figured out. The ram is kingston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom