DFI NF3 Skt939 AGP is on it's way

Status
Not open for further replies.
The board just arrived today :D

I got a lot of stuff I gotta do though...draining the water loop will be one of the more fun highlights of the day =/ But then I gotta remove all the components so I can drill a hole for the T-line and properly mount that, then drill holes in the bottom of my case to properly mount the pump since right now it's just with zipties lol....plus I gotta go out today and get something for fathers day, so we'll just see how far along I actually get in the process of putting it all together and whatnot

be warned, it's a BRAND new freakin board, which means it'll be prone to a lot of little bugs and instabilities.....I don't think anyone at DFI-street has had one just plug in and reach greatness....the BIOS seems to be a little bit quirky and hopefully the next BIOS revision will fix this, but the main point is you will need patience.

When do u think the new bios will be released? Also, out of simple curiosity, when u flash ur bios to update it, what are the chances of critical failure?

When do u think the new bios will be released? Also, out of simple curiosity, when u flash ur bios to update it, what are the chances of critical failure?
Hope one is released freakin soon....I don't know if I'll be able to even have a proper OC'ing contest with gaara since if you go to dfi-street a lot of people are encounterting weird options...predominately voltage and SATA controllers it seems....regarding BIOS flashing, as long as you have the right BIOS and you aren't trying to do it during a lightning storm which might risk your computer shutting off then there should never be anything to worry about.....if you're halfway through BIOS flashing and your computer shuts down say hello to your new paperweight :D

have fun man and good luck w/ your new board.
I'll need a helluva lot of luck....don't know if fun will ever come into play :p

As I said in another thread...in my excitement to get this board I forgot to buy more tubing for my WC setup, so I'm gonna have to basically pray that the current tubing will still work.

EDIT: I'll get some pics in a few.

Theres really no point of a lot of pics, so I only got one of the board...theres a standard DFI box (duh :p) 3 yellow ass round cables, 2 ide, 1 floppy, 2 yellow ass SATA cables, and your normal drivers etc...etc....

dfi.jpg

I'm gonna be taking my aftermarket chipset cooler off my NF7-S and seeing if theres enough room to throw it on the chipset in this one...gotta put my 6800GT in there and then see if it'll fit

Hmmm looks totally different from mine, no microsinks on that thing anywhere and the chipset cooler is totally different. Your aftermarket should be able to fit on since it's a lot further away from the AGP slot than the nf4 is to the PCI-E. The DIMM slots are a lot tighter together too and the colours are arranged different, plus you still have the ghetto I/O ports it seems. :p The SATA 3 and 4 position is retarded though. =/

yeah I got a paypal account

Gaara's on his 3rd CPU because the first two were dead.....3rd times the charm right gaara?
It had best be or I might throw a bit of a tantrum.

what the hell is that, the dimms are two identical colors right after the other? i thought they were always supposed to alternate. Whatever, still works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom