Parts to NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
EAGELTECH VIDEO CARDS

Any EAGELTECH video card where the GPU is protected by a FAN and not a HEAT SINK

The fans they use are rather cheap.

And even with the Heatsinks, make sure they are secured on by screws, nuts, bolts (whatever). I have seen alot of EAGLETECH video card with heatsink secured by nothing more than Double Sided Thermal Tape.

FadingTheory said:
Rosewill CD-RW Combo Drives. I bought two, one had physical damage (IDE pins), and another would fail to read manye disks (Windows XP, Doom 3, some DVDs).
LOL, I'm not sure many know this, but Rosewill is newegg's own brand. They use really cheap parts so they can produce products with the same specs as the more expensive ones in hopes people new to computers come along and see how much cheaper they are, and get them. It actually works pretty well. Try and avoid anything made by neweg.. oops, I mean Rosewill :D

Broadway Cases. Paints good looking but easily removed with bumps, the metal used is extremely thin and week, and they HOT GLUE to keep many parts in place.

desiboi said:
Integrated graphics. A Motherboard with VIA chipsets[they have no verclocking ability]
And motherboard with SiS chipsets are the worse thng you can buy.

Well im glad i took a look at this forum after i ordered a rosewill psu a few months back for the computer that i have yet to finish building. (lack of funds until now "student loans are great"). I thought it was a good deal and figured if it took a crap i would simply buy a better one

oh yeah and I saw the Dell post... heres my story

I just recently moved to chicago with my gf (about a week ago) and we had temps of 90 with heat index of 100 and it was horrible because we couldnt do anything about it. Her computer was having an asthma attack because her fans or (fan for that matter);yes singular, was trying to do all the work on its own. I opened the case and it totally surprised me that it only had one fan aside from the 1 in the psu and it was funneled right to the processor. There was soo much dust and no airflow at all. Its not like its a gaming machine but for the love of god it was not a pretty sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom