Parts to NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say any generic DVD burner drive, they all have a very short life span. Lite-on, BenQ, etc...

BTW, I made this thread a sticky.

-Don't buy an X800 Pro or any X800/X850 card....as dhw200 said. They lack SM3.0 and have below par OpenGL performance.

-Also, don't buy Aspire PSU's, get Antec.

-Stay away from KDS CRTs, the picture quality is not the best.

-Don't get the Epson CX4600 or CX6600 All-in-one printer, those are the crappiest printers I have ever seen.

-Don't get Gateway laptops, get Toshiba

-Don't buy any ATI video card with the suffix of "SE", and don't buy any Nvidia card with the suffix of "LE", or without a suffix at all i.e. 6800 (vanilla).

-Most geeks already know this, but stay as far away from Celerons and Semprons as you can.

Also, dont get any NVidia cards labeled as TC (TurboCache). That one is kind of self explanatory...

As for a list of PSU's to not get, jeez, there are a ton. Dont get Sparkle Power ANYTHING! Dont ever buy from a company that names their company after a dance group in a movie.

Sparkle Power in Donnie Darko, his little sisters dance group.

m3trj said:
Unbranded PSUs! Aaaaah! Not good for you or your PCs health!
Depend on the factory.
Like I import PSU, and in the last 4 years, i have only had 13 come back for RMA.

NETCOMM INTERNAL MODEMS and NETCOMM AUST IN GENERAL

NetComm IN5920 Internal Software Modem
NetComm IN5699 Series Internal Software Modem

I have lost count the number of tmes I have seen these fail. Most common fault is when reinstalling windows xp, the drivers (from CD or From Internet) will not recognise the modem.

Also NETCOMM produces in general. Not sure what the situation is like in other countries out side Australia, but RMA take about 10 working days to process. And this is on all their products.
And Netcomms tells you this when you are filling out the RMA paper work.

This might be okay on a small items like a Internal 56K Modem, but high end, expensive, mission critical items like a 8 Port Gigabit Switch or a Router will still take 10 working days to process.

And to add insult to injury here, Netcomm Australia can take a few days to issue out an RMA number.

Most other companies like D-Link or NetGear can either exchange or have some thing out to you next business day.

COMPAQ PERSARIO - They come with a LIMITED international warranty. This LIMITED international warranty will allow you to talk to some one at HP/COMPAQ on what is wrong with your Compaq Persario software*. However avalability of hardware parts are "depended on avalability for that part for that model in the country you are currently located in".

* software and driver issues for what was supplied in your notebook at the point of purchase that was supplied by HP COMPAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom