AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Velocity-Spaz said:
Ill do that when I am done with the computer. This friday or Monday.

If you think I showed change somthing aim me Xzero 199

you should run a dual boot OS with linux on the other side so you can enjoy the real benefits of 64 bit. XP won't get it right until at least 2 more years has passed. that is what I'm in the process of doing

I hear that. I hear that mandrake is user friendly. that's what I'm going to use until I get the knack of it

Can someone tell me what you guys think about this config, that i'm about to get.

This is what i have:
Intel Pentium 4 3EGhz/1Mb cache/HT/800FSB
Abit IC7-G motherboard
1Gb Dual Kingston 3200
250 Maxtor HD
nVidia FX5700 128Mb
Ultra 500W Power Supply
Guardian Case
Creative Audigy Platinum 2 ZS

and i'm going to be switching the MB, CPU, and Video Card for:

Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLI Socket 939 Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 FX53 CPU Retail Boxed w/Fan
Asus GeForce 6800 256MB DDR PCIe w/DVI/TV-OUT

and i'm planning to buy the second video card in a bit more, but i ran out of money

i would wait at least 3 weeks, because the 7800GT is coming out... and I would get an Athlon 64 socket 939, Venice core... especially if you want to play games...

SHOCK3R WOLF said:
Is there a big difference between the 6800, and 6800Gt, besides the price?
the plain 6800 has 12 pipes, doesn't have GDDR3 (and has only 128MB) and a lower clock cpeed
the 6800 GT has 16 pipes, 256MB GDDR3, and higher clock speeds
the 6800 Ultra has 16 pipes, 256MB GDDR3 and higher clock speeds than the GT

so out of all, the GT is the best one to get. you can just overclock the GT to as high or higher than the Ultra without paying as much for an Ultra
however if you get the plain one, you lose 4 GPU pipes, 128MB Memory and GDDR3. even if you overclock it it's still a lot worse off

apokalipse said:
the plain 6800 has 12 pipes, doesn't have GDDR3 (and has only 128MB) and a lower clock cpeed
the 6800 GT has 16 pipes, 256MB GDDR3, and higher clock speeds
the 6800 Ultra has 16 pipes, 256MB GDDR3 and higher clock speeds than the GT

so out of all, the GT is the best one to get. you can just overclock the GT to as high or higher than the Ultra without paying as much for an Ultra
however if you get the plain one, you lose 4 GPU pipes, 128MB Memory and GDDR3. even if you overclock it it's still a lot worse off
Are you sure, because the web site sais that its a 256Mb, and 16 pipes
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1232787&CatId=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom