Dual channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. You're getting SIZE and 'SPEED' mixed up. These are not the same.

For example: 512 MB (size) of PC3200 RAM ('speed')

The size means your computer can store more information in the RAM instead of having to access it off the hard drive (which is very inefficient)

The 'speed' I mention is the bandwidth, or how much information can be transferred in one second. So if you had PC3200 and PC2700 mixed together, your system would run at PC2700 settings.

Also, don't mix memory brands or sizes in dual channel. This will save you and others a headache. With that board you have I would recommend getting a 2 x 512 MB DDRII 400 memory kit and leave it at that. Sell whatever you have left over or put it in another rig you might have.

I'm not really sure if it would support it or not. I see no reason why those wouldn't work. They'd just be initially bumped down from 667 to 533. I think they would give you good overhead for overclocking up to 667 speeds.

Don't take what I just said as gospel. Get some more input from people in the Overclocking forum on this question.

alright i'll try there, thanks for your help. That ocz stuff has the same thing but at 533 and 30$ cheaper, could i save myself 30$ and get that and it would be the exact same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom