Bought a computer need help to see if matches specs when advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhhhh ok and the ad they listed themselves in these forums when they were talking in here. Cause I know I didnt give any of their information.

Yeah. Don't worry about it. You didn't have anything to do with me finding it. It's nice being a resourceful SOB sometimes ;)

Man I cannot beleive they tried to lay the OC crap on you! What a freaking waste of skin! Had you actually done that they could have said that you tampered with it and that they didn't have to take it back or refund you! Good thing you didn't do what they said after all.

Of course you could have won a claims court ruling, but who want to go through that.

I am glad about one thing. For all the shit that happens, e-bay, and paypal, sure picked up the ball on this. They shut her down to be sure that she didn't f*ck with anyone else. It renews my faith in both those companies.

Still DON"T BUY COMPUTERS OFF E-BAY!

I don't know... How do you "seller" of that piece of crap / fake Alienware PC, come to this forum and try to plead your case on what really took place? It just doesn't make sense??? I mean seriously... If this was truely a scam... Would a scammer actually try to fool, hundreds of TECH-FORUM users? I'm not so sure. Can the "seller" be that stupid... Posting what the "seller" did in these forums and writing those emails to raze? I don't really think so.

I really think now that this is just a case of someone trying to make a few bucks on eBAY but just doesn't know 1 thing about laws or eBAY's policies. Not to mention business...

The "seller" made it completely clear that he/she doesn't know anything about computers... Unless he/she is just playing dumb. But, by posting here, that was the real mistake. I'm glad to have become a part of this forum community, we all did a great job helping raze with information and a solid knowledge base where as he could try to fight the "seller" on this.

This case is of great importance to me because, this "seller" is what gives honest people like me, a bad name. Owning a small local custom PC building service is tough... People have a hard time trusting you. Mainly because they know that you know a hell of alot more then they do about computers... And they are always afraid that you are going to rip them off in some way... I've built many PC's for people that were completely computer illiterate. I could have taken them for so much... But, i'm an honest person and believe what goes around comes around.

HAVOC2k5 - Sure Mr. Johnson i'm going to build you a state of the art - Intel P4 3.2Ghz - ETC... The total cost will be $1,200

Mr. Johnson - I don't know anything about computers? Do I need that?

HAVOC2k5 - Oh yeah... You have to now-a-days...

Mr. Johnson - Ok... That's what I want then...

Then Use a celeron and buy all of the crappiest parts you can buy... Throw it togther and slap a P4 sticker on it and this guy would have never known the difference... Cost $500-$600 rob him of $600 - $700 dollars.

I am completely disgusted with connie's posts and want you raze to know that im on your side. So thosemotherfu**ers for all its worth. I know that you have had a head full of headaches. Right now ive just had a problem with a seller who listed a set of coions as being 1 ounce. I recieved an email from a fellow ebayer stating that the ywere in fact 3/4 ounce those reducing the value 25% i sent the guy numerous emails saying that i consider the transaction null and void because he misleadingly listed the item. The out of the blue yesterday he emails me saying he still has not recieved payment for the item and that he is sure its an oversight. and im like oversight my ass! So i email him again and ill post what he emailed back after i take a shower and check my emails.

I stand corrected about Alienwares not having Celerons. But I can honestly say I've never had a customer call me and say they want me to go head to head with Alienware and they wanted a Celeron.

Anyways, here is another fun email to add to the mix?

"Rob,

You filed a claim to paypal! As our policy with claims, once you have filed a claim, its like filing a lawsuite, we will no longer will be able to contact or talk with you. We will now talk with paypal, and fax invoices/documents. Once Paypal sees the ad that clearly states in compliance with ebay, no refunds/exchange only.
Paypal will not honor your claim! We will fax invoices to the parts, and as soon as they see that the ad says NO REFUNDS/ EXCHANGE ONLY, your claim will be denied. I wish you had just talked with us rather than taking it that far. As our policy, if a claim is filed, we handle the claim now with paypal, and will provide needed documents. I'm sorry you did that Rob, but the Claim will not be honored, and the system will be returned (with correct parts). I really wish you this could have been more civil. Whoever said something to you must have got to you. People, companies, and even you make mistakes, and thats what makes us labled humans. We were so willing to work with you, and get it right???? I guess this is how the reputation of good sellers gets ruined on ebay. Very sorry for the mistake Rob, Policy is Policy. I will also be contacting our Companies Lawyer who will now contact you. Again as part of policy, when a claim is filed, our lawyers now have to get involved, and we will no longer communicate with anyone except ebay and paypal on this issue. Thanks Rob"

jesus christ that bit*h. Well, if it does go to court, print out this thread, and the case is clear cut

LOL Policy is policy my a$$. Policy is only for run of the mill cases. Policy does not apply when you bend a customer over the table and try to give it to em dry.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid...(etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom