6600gt Oc

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thnx. it began to artifact at 601 after like 3 hours of doom3 and hl2 constant at high settings so i backed off the core. but i managed to up the mem to 1.3

now at 580/1.3

and can do long periods of anything without artifacts

i think that i will back off the speeds until i get a better cooler as i have no mem sinks

Mine detected optimal frequencies at 560/1.03 that good? or can it be better... should I set the memory clock higher?
it already plays doom3 without any problems...

idiotec said:
Dude, you can run those cards up to 90c load without a problem. Just try to keep it in the 80's and you'll be fine. The 6600GT has some crazy thermal threashold, 140c I think.

Well running at a constant 90c during a game is f***ign hot for a graphics card. Keep it at a safe temperature that's all im saying, also i think my mem i saids above it a bit high.. try rather 550/1150.. :)

k thnx btw im i saved a post u made when u held the 3dmark recored and figured out how to use rivera tuner.

and juice daddy mine auto detects at 589/1.16

Sh0r_ty said:
Well i managed to get my gigabyte 6600GT to 601/1250 but is it safe to leave it at this???

Shit! And i though my OC at 575/1103 was high!

Mines on stock cooling though :cool:

Its generally not good to run your card so high with those temps, it shortens the lifetime of your card.

I suggest you get an after amrket cooler to keep it cool while you run at those speeds.

Well, yeah I figured it was not good. But I'm buying a new card in like a month so I'm gonna see how far I can push this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom