P4 1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
Im trading my emachines 550mhz pIII soon for a P4 1.8ghz(just the cpu and mobo).My friend is upgrading and doesnt need it anymore, hes buying a barebone and keeping the rest of his stuff. Does anyone think that this cpu (400mhz fsb and 256k L2 cache) with a ATI 128 pro 32 meg video card will be able to run counter-strike? Im thinking of selling that motherboard that im getting from him cuz its a slotek or something cheap and buying a decent one so i can overclock, i wanna hit atleast 2.0-2.2GHz. is it worth buying a new mobo? and if it is what would u recommend (sry i dont pay that much attention to intel...need somea advice)

what are the minimum system requirements for cs anyway? i know half-life 2 is 1.2GHz and recommended is 2.4

Unless you have tons of spyware and crap, then you can't run it. (me )

run some scans clean out active X and download and use hijack this that should atleast do something, or if all else fails...REFOMAT!

reggie_da_man said:
what are the minimum system requirements for cs anyway? i know half-life 2 is 1.2GHz and recommended is 2.4

I believe 400Mhz Pentium or equivalent, 32MB RAM, any graphics card really.

Half Life 2 is completely different. It's a much newer game.

i have a p-4 1.8ghz 256k lvl2 cache on a abit IS7-E2 mobo can be found for under 70 bucks. I have mine running at a steady 2.1ghz
any higher and it starts to get hot and i get random reboots. I have however gotten into bios at 2.8ghz but it wont boot to windows

it'l play counters strike 1.6 fine, i used to play with a celeron cpu, 128 of ram and the shittiest vcard possible, but like m3trj half life 2 is completely different

Half Life 1 (Counter-Strike) will run on that no problem.

I can probolly play it on calculators now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom