Although I'm not new, I've haven't introduced myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinexile

In Runtime
Hello, My name is Jared McAteer, I'm 23 (24 this aug) and I am the Information Systems Coordinator for a Lumbermill in Northern Alberta, Canada (basically its a IT Manager, Network Admin, Programmer and tech support rolled up into one person.)

I graduated from Devry Institute of Technology in 2003 with a Bachelor of Technology in Computer Information Systems. I'm a huge geek, I like sci-fi movies/books and playing games, but I also like sports and other social activities such as going to a pub with some buddies and shooting pool over a few beers.

My alias jinexile is not prounced Gin-exile its j-in-exile or Jared in exile. It comes from when I moved back to my home town of 4300 people (permanent, theres up to 20,000 including transient workers) from Calgary, Alberta (where I went to school.)

I have been involved with computers for as long as I remember but didn't seriously get into them until 1994 when I finally got dial up internet... from that point I knew I wanted a job in computers and I've actually achieved part of my goal.

One of my hobbies (and jobs) is programming, I know many languages/scripts such as C/C++, C#, Visual Basic, VB.NET, SQL, php, asp, perl, java, html, javascript and even COBOL. I got interested in HTML way back in the day and even had one of those crappy pages with a billion stolen animated gifs... these days I do contract work and hosting outside of my job at the lumbermill.

I'm a pretty laid back guy although I tend to come off pretty harsh online since its next to impossible detect my tone and intentions, and I apologize in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom